Monday, September 04, 2023

Labor Day Strange Day

 It's been kind of A Strange Day actually a good day very quiet, it's a national holiday, so not a lot going on and the fact that there's a major temperature drop during the night when the storm came through dropping the temperature about 30°, it was a good day to stay in and that's what I tried to do. I worked on the kitchen a little bit after my home health people left and I was dressed and ready for the day. The places becoming a mess again I've got to spend some time working on it or find someone to work on it for me. It's just hard I just wonder why I can't do it. I'll have to figure something out but anyway I worked on the kitchen and tried to sweep the floors I did once then got them all dirty again but it's beginning to look a little bit better the countertops anyway and that's what looks the dirtiest this thing's get piled up and messed up if I can put some order on the countertops wash them off wash the cutting boards and have them out in order then things aren't so bad the floor is another matter I swept and swept and I have got this dedicated rag / towel that I use to mop the floors up when I get into a point that I can do that but I haven't gotten to it today. I was sort of surprised around 5:30 when I was watching the news tonight I got a knock on the door and it was Marc Anthony and he was holding a brand new mop the very mop that I've been looking at but either forgot to buy or had to figure out a way to get it back to the store on my lap and the power chair I guess I could put it to my legs but I hadn't been that focused on bringing it home and not Mark had. I'm excited now I can go back and attack the bathroom with some real gusto. I picked up a little bit in the TV room are the other room in my apartment but I still have to do some sleeping and put in some things away into the closet. I hate to open the closet because I've got so much stuff in there stuck in there but I need to get in there and do some arranging. I need to contact my other home health person Gloria who does a great job on cleaning and see if she needs some extra money. She might need some wash quarters she does a good job for a roll of quarters.


I mentioned the weird part about the day and that's when I got a call from my brother, Carl who had not heard from for a couple of weeks. I know that he's been doing some traveling and some stuff with his daughter but I wasn't sure if he was in town or not so I haven't really reached out to him. Just so happens however, that yesterday or day before he had a stroke! Not a really hard stroke one of those TIA strokes. It's still pretty serious. Luckily he's got a daughter who watches over him like a hawk and I sure appreciate that. She's a great kid they've done well with her and her husband. He has no residual effects from the stroke except for probably some major fear but he's handling it really well I'm proud of him and certainly brings the lightning bolt clothes for the home to me it's kind of freaky. I hope that he bounces back. What are the docs told him he had a 30% chance of dropping dead in the next 6 months from this stroke at least as far as what statistics seem to indicate. Seem pretty harsh information to take at that point in time but he's rolling with it okay doing the best that he can. All ready for Winters all buttoned up so everything's okay he's just going to have to slow down a little bit smell the roses. I really love the guy in that hate to have him go but it's not where we're all headed times coming

No comments: