Thursday, September 28, 2023

Dreams and Ice Cream

Something's going on inside my head I'm not quite sure what it is or I think I don't know what it is but maybe I do. All of the sudden within the last week or so my sleep pattern seem to be changing I'm waking up earlier and earlier in the night and not being able to get back to sleep. For example last night I think I woke up around 3:00 a.m. and never really got back to sleep and I don't know particularly why. As I lay in bed the remainder of the night however I begin to think that this is also coinciding with my work starting as a board member for the Independent Living Center. I don't know why this would cause so much angst or anxiety to bother my sleep but something is I remember when I woke I was in some kind of a meeting with the old Administration of the Independent Living Center. The boss was also a friend of mine fairly close and she was part of the dream but all I remember just seeing her face in the dream. Still however, as I pondered what I remember seeing in the dream I became more and more anxious and not being able to fall back to sleep. Then my mind started creating all kinds of Boogeyman like what if I'm experiencing post-traumatic stress syndrome PTSD? Wouldn't that be a hoot? I don't know and it's kind of got me a little bit worried but hopefully not too much. We'll have to see what happens tonight.


My day today was kind of busy. Of course it was coffee Thursday of the coffee social group but it was also the last day of our little social worker person who was moving on to another job after everybody fell deeply in love with her because she does such a great job. I never got really close because I knew she was a short timer. People who are as good as she never lasts long and get plucked by other agencies programs or companies and leave you just missing the person and the space they filled in your life. Same reason I don't like dogs, they always die before you do and you got to deal with the loss. In fact today this person actually hosted her own going away party in our main common area. She was going to provide Pizza and whatever for people who showed up to say goodbye and of course everybody did with the possibility of pizza. She came in with two big pizzas from Costco which are pretty good Plus pumpkin pie and ice cream. For as many people who showed up I cannot believe she got everybody a piece of pizza. I held off until everybody had a piece and they were still two or three pieces left and I couldn't believe that it was almost biblical like feeding the 500 with a couple loaves of bread and a fish or two. It's not like we got a bunch of pizza everyone got a pretty narrow piece of pizza on a paper plate with a scoop of ice cream and a slice of pumpkin pie sometimes that's all you need to say goodbye it certainly work today...

No comments: