Sunday, September 03, 2023

Windy Change




 You know you can only control your world so much. I like to think that I'm fiercely/ tremendously independent but you know even I can't do everything myself and sometimes the cold reality slaps me right in the face. That's okay because I need that periodically to bring me back to reality and that people who need people are the luckiest people in the world, does that sound like a song? Anyway, there's happening right now even as I'm dictating this entry. It's been a beautiful day all day actually maybe a little Breezy here and there but by and large the sun's been out big poofy clouds floating respectfully in the sky. But the storm has been forecast for a couple days now I was beginning to think it was going to pass Us by just more Malarkey from the weather people but you know what it's coming right in. A couple of months ago at the beginning of Summer before the really hot days began, I had Melissa my home health person open the window by my bed as far as it would go so I could get tons of air and the Beloved Summer Night breezes that were to follow. I've been meaning to have Melissa or someone else push the sliding window back into place but I've been so desperate to hang on to Summer that has not happened yet. And silly me of course because of that, the window is gaping wide open at the beginning of this storm. All I can think about was visions of earlier in the summer when the window was open and one of those delicious summer storms wandered through with gale force winds at the front of the cold front and blue rain Over Me in the middle of the night. Luckily I played submarine and submerged underneath my quilt and pillows and got through okay and everything dried out by the next night. Now however we're on the verge of autumn things are changing. I think any rain that came in tonight would not only be wet but cold and that's not what I need to freeze all night long. 


There really is nobody close by I can call on to come in and do something as simple as pushing the window closed I tried off and on with some of my sticks but I was afraid that might slip and break the window entirely I could see that easily happening. My apartment is such a mess that I really am hesitant to invite anybody here into the unit to do the job. My son lives way over on the Southwest portion of the valley it really is an inconvenience for him to come in but sometimes he's wandering around in the evenings and he can stop by I put into a text to him. There's also my big brother who lives relatively close but not that close and he's got his own hands full with his own life. So it boils down to me and trying to be self-sufficient. In the last effort I grabbed one of my long sticks with the sticky rubber stuff on the end moved my lift out of the way and got a good grip on the window ledge and pushed and slowly the window began to slide back to its beginning spot. I'd saved myself a night of grief and chattering underneath the blankets as well as having to have someone come rescue me because I was unable to do it myself. I lucked out and I still fortunately and more lucky than not to be able to pull these kind of rabbits out of the Hat but the Hat's getting pretty tattered and the rabbits getting pretty ragged but I'm just going to have to be open to a lot more assistance when I need it and develop a system that allow me to do that. The image is the window in question you can see that I've shut it almost all the way just enough for some cool weather or air to come down during the night I'll probably be under the covers with a pillow over my head with my nose sticking out for the cold air and hopefully a deep sleep..

No comments: