Friday, September 29, 2023

Friday at the Movies




In order for me to justify the movie watching program I have with Regal movie theaters I have to go to at least two movies a month to break even with what I pay a month for that privilege. I pay you about $20 a month so I can go to any movie, as many times, as I want to. It's a great program I think but it's amazing how hard I have to work to make it work for me. Today was a good day, actually probably the best day of the weekend, according to the weather people. Temperatures are up in almost to the 80s but that was okay because I was wearing my heavy Hood and a black watch cap. I look like I should have been in the middle of November and Gail force winds but I was certainly warm enough that's for sure. I had a pretty good Friday morning I was done with my business probably around 10:30 when I turned Melissa loose. That's what I decided I would hit the movies today then I at least have the two movies under my belt for the month. I might do another movie tomorrow but it's hard to say right now. November should be easy there's a number of interesting movies I've seen previews for that I might take in Plus I think I might go to some of the same movies over again a couple times. Today I went to a movie called The Creator I'm still not really sure about what it was about. I was running a little late when I got to the movie and then must have been a new guy or something behind the tell he just couldn't seem to figure things out first he got me into the movie but the movie theater that it was being shown and didn't start for an hour and then he had to switch me out of that movie theater into the one that was already going through the previews and the previews by the time I had gotten everything squared away it already ended and the movie was five or six minutes into the movie if not more. I pretty much figured out, sort of, what was going on but I might sit through it again if I can sit through that 3 hour movie about the atom bomb I know I can sit through this science fiction piece again and rather enjoy it regardless of the violence involved.


I was on quite a terror today so after the movie I decided I would take myself to dinner and I went to Panda Express. It's been a long time since I've been to the panda kind of forgot how the thing ran but I got a shrimp Bowl on top of Chow Mein noodles. It was pretty good again it cost more than I anticipated- - everything costs more than what I anticipated anymore I just have to build that into the equation of life. The food was okay I think the next time I should have get fried rice but I need to reaffiliate myself with the panda it really is good eating enjoy it. Other than thwaat that was my big Friday. Totally self-absorbed and enjoying riding the bus, going to the movies some Chinese dinner then home to watch a little Gray's Anatomy. I've started at the very first of the season when gray was still an intern. I don't think I even like the later seasons not as much as I like the first couple of years. It's supposed to rain on Saturday and Sunday most of it on Saturday night and Sunday morning so I'm not sure what I'm planning. I think I'll do breakfast for sure with the kids if they're up for it other than that maybe I'll bake something a cake, bread I' may even go buy a roast that would be kind of fun..

No comments: