Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Travel Day





I Would have kind of liked to stay in the apartment today and let my stomach settle down but that was a no-go. Today I had scheduled toenail clippings down south which means I have to jump the bus go all the way down to the end of the line as far as line 217 goes then switch to another bus the 218 and go the rest of the way to where am I podiatrist works. Essentially, it could be a very easy ride but through the transit authorities wisdom they split the Redwood Road Corridor in half and so the 217 runs every 15 minutes whereas the 218 runs once an hour. That means if you really take skill you can figure out which 217 route will give you the least amount of time waiting for the 218 to take off. My problem today however is that on Wednesdays I have Melissa start my wash and throw it in the dryer before she leaves then I go down and collect it and bring it back to the apartment to fold. Well the problem is that I have to wait for the wash to finish the dry cycle and then I find that I'm really cutting it short to catch the bus to get down to the switch station on to the other bus to get to my 2:00 appointment.



I came real close to not making my time. I had forgotten the other problem right now is that it's difficult to find a bus stop that's not under construction. Most of the drivers will not stop at a bus stop that's got the orange containers in front of them, signs of construction. That means I have to find a place where I can catch the bus it's a major frustration I ended up rolling all over the area here going all the way south to the 5400 to where the construction is not started yet and caught the bus there. At the end of the line where the 217 matches up with the 218 I have the option of not waiting for the bus and just powering my chair all the way up to where the podiatrist is at that's what I did. It wasn't an easy ride and I worry about my butt being exposed to that much trauma but I think I'm doing okay. I was able to get a bite to eat and wander around the Smiths Market for a while before getting to my appointment on time. I ended up putting 4.8 Mi on my chair today that's a lot of miles when you're using public transportation. That means you are on the street a long time going from one bus stop to the next and still porting yourself on the bus for even longer distances. My bottom of sore by the time I got back to the apartment but I had fancy cut toes and a battery probably depleted almost half. Actually, I think it's more than that cuz I really go four miles in one day that's a lot of transport.. 

No comments: