Saturday, September 02, 2023

Saturday Review

 I'm sure you are all tired of me griping about my coffee shop and the weird owners tradition of closing down the operation on the weekend if the holiday falls on the weekend. Labor Day of course is Monday and I expected the shop would be closed then but for some reason I got a sucker punch this morning when I was rolling over to enjoy my Saturday morning coffee break with my friend from the apartments here and we were stopped by one of the patrons of the facility alerting us to the fact that the place was closed due to the holiday. This totally drives me crazy it's taking me years to get used to the fact that he's not open on Sundays or at least Sunday mornings when you think a good coffee shop should be open but not this guy not today. So fortunately my friend took pity on me and we went over to her apartment where she made some coffee and we were able to visit there instead of over at the shop it's still not the same. When you have a special place and you think that's where you're going to be and you don't go there you feel a bit disjointed no matter how good the substitute is. I really didn't do much the rest of the day just hung out here at the apartments. I wasn't sure if the weather was going to be inclement or whatever but I went with the hope that is going to be fairly decent and wore a short sleeves and the day was okay after it got going. I would say the high point of my day was my buddy Dwayne bringing over a bag of tomatoes and other items from his garden. They will be very welcome and tasty.


Speaking of tasty about the only thing I did that was halfway holidayish for me was going across the street and ordering shrimp and cod and tater tots. The cost was exorbitant I think something like $13 or something and that included a drink as well. I know it was silly and I had perfectly good food in the refrigerator I had rice that I made earlier in the week plus all kinds of things Frozen I could have eaten and other items that would be just as tasty but I wanted to sort of celebrate the holiday even though it's Monday. I enjoyed dinner sitting by myself in the fast food joint looking out over the intersection by my apartment complex someone was getting a ticket. It was pretty well taken care of our time I came back to the apartment. I don't know, I just wanted some fried food today and the fast food joint across the street is probably the best. I've tasted better Cod or whatever fish is in there fish and chips but it was good enough for a Saturday afternoon but I didn't have to go very far out of my comfort zone to get to. I probably could have done without the Mountain Dew but it was a guilty pleasure as well. Back at the apartments I pretty much did a few Saturday things to get me through Sunday I should have done more. But I got Monday morning coffee cups washed and a few of the other items in the sink taken care of. I added more sliced peppers to the big pepper container and enjoyed the morning. That's pretty much my Saturday. It's getting late on Saturday afternoon and night and I've got to get up early for tomorrow is breakfast at the restaurant with my son..

No comments: