Tuesday, August 15, 2023

A Little Self-doubt and a Free Lunch!




  Nothing vexes me so much then to open my mailbox and pull out a returned piece of mail! I could understand this when I was still thinking I could address envelopes by hand and even before my accident my riding was so atrocious that I was some part of a legend in my 6th grade class. Mr Kuntz my teacher brought out my poor penmanship every chance Mr Kuntz seem to get. I wonder now if Mr K had it in for me but it never really showed one way or the other. I like the guy actually past tense he's long gone. I never saw this as him being mean he was just amazed at how poorly I wrote. However, that aside after I started getting letters returned I decided I would go to the printer or the typewriter whichever that would allow me to address a letter. So, I was really distressed when I saw this kid letter returned. I'm still trying to figure out what went wrong because as far as I can tell this letter was sent to the exact same address that the other three letters went to. I did check with the other addresses I have for the family over the years, sometimes I get confused and send a document to one of the other addresses when it comes up on the computer when I'm printing the envelopes. So I was a little concerned that maybe I had picked out one of the other addresses when I send it to this address but I don't think so. I will make contact with Michelle just to make sure I'm not Goofy and resend the document and the monthly stipend- - which I'm most worried about. I'm sure the lowly $10 makes little difference and this budding teenager's life but everything helps especially when getting back into the school frame of mind. I'm really beginning to believe that somewhere either on this side of the post on the other side of the post has it out for me and just loves to return pieces of mail even when properly addressed- - who knows Maybe, I'm just being paranoid.


However the high point of my day was lunch with my old boss Claire. Our relationship is fairly straightforward however before she is my boss she was my friend we shared the same office that what used to be the governor's Council for people with disabilities. And through a series of weird events she ended up becoming my executive director for a number of years. We had a good relationship and since her leaving the state and then my retirement and subsequent medical issues and the pandemic we just have not been able to get together until today at the restaurant. It was good to get together again sadly we don't know how much time we've got that's so true of people our age and with our particular physical challenges but hopefully we have enough time for another couple meetings enjoy your lunch, crab about the politics an the in general and enjoy our time together and you know Claire bought lunch…

No comments: