Thursday, August 31, 2023

Thinking of Thursday

 The apartment spells great, I cooked Frank tonight. I always love making this dish not only from the settlemental value of when I lived in Nampa and worked the clinics and new Frank bonacour who was my roommate at the time but because I just like the flavors and the odors of the cook experience. I had about everything I needed to make decent Frank except for the celery. The celery I had in the crispr had gone way around the corner along with a head of lettuce that it mutated to just juice of some sort or another. I was able to finagle both of them into double plastic bags from the market and took him out to the dumpster. So what I did have was carrots, onion and of course the chicken that I purchased last night from Walmart, the rotisserie chicken boy that's great chicken. Again for $6 that's a deal. But I used probably a fourth of the chicken half a breast and a thigh minced it up as much as I could and then added the vegetables sauteed for a bit and then of course the rice, jasmine rice and mixed everything together. It was not the best Frank I've ever made but it was enough for a Thursday night to get me through to the weekend.


I'm on the cusp of another holiday weekend, Labor Day. Looks like it's going to be a Cloudy, wet Labor Day this weekend. So, maybe get some fun food to get through the holiday. I'm thinking maybe a Domino's Pizza that plus the Frank and what's left of the chicken should be more than enough I still have half a watermelon I need to use and I think I might have enough peppers or jalapenos to get through. We'll get a little concerned since I've almost used that giant can a sliced peppers I got last week. I go through the cans way too quickly luckily the cans only cost around $7 which is probably the cost of three smaller cans. I think the big cat is less expensive plus gives me so many sliced peppers I can enjoy them at well. I wish I could get the San Marcos but as of yet I haven't been able to figure out how to get a hold of the home office to find out who sells the big cans. I keep waiting for this bad to work itself through it has not yet I totally enjoy the flavor and texture of the sliced pickled peppers everyday. And I totally love the soup kind of product that we make/ I make with the peppers, vegetable juice and ice that I make each morning. I could eat it as soup in the evenings if I wanted to but I don't know if that would really count as a meal. I kind of think that it might but maybe that's just way too weird and too much sliced peppers.


I guess you could tell I'm totally focused on food this afternoon and tonight and I hope that's okay. There was even a presentation this afternoon at the apartment complex and not many people showed so the folks who brought tons of cookies gave a bunch to me for showing up. They were doing an information Fair as far as equipment which really translates into the host is in agency it sells equipment for disability and they're just trying to find somebody to sell to under the guise of keeping a healthy lifestyle. They take your blood pressure and something else I can't remember and give you a written document and a handful of cookies. Well actually they're actually pass it up bouquets of flowers is that too weird or what? It's late now, the apartments a little chilly because I forgot to turn the air conditioner off this morning. I may have to have Melissa shut the window tomorrow with the possible storm that will be coming in over the holiday. I still have to put dinner away..

No comments: