Friday, August 18, 2023

Funky Friday

It's Friday and who doesn't love Friday? That last day before Saturday and the weekend and as you know I have come to include Friday as part of my weekend going all the way back to high school. I didn't have anything on my agenda today as far as being out of the apartment except for meeting with my friend Duane B for Chinese. We haven't done Chinese before that I remember so this should be an exciting afternoon.


I was able to get a few things done this morning before my morning person showed up. I probably should have done more but I think I got enough done to get me through the weekend anyway. I still have to do some sweeping in the kitchen and maybe use the power mop off and on but I'm not expecting anybody here over the weekend so I'm not that worried about the whole clean apartment thing which I've almost given up on. However, Gloria did show up the other day indicating that I definitely needed some help and she would give me an assist of course for the pay and I totally agree with that. She still recovering from her broken arm or wrist but she's a lot better than I thought she was from what I heard. She always needs quarters for washing so she stopped over for a roll last week. I don't know how soon she would consider doing some housework and I certainly don't want to pressure her but the kitchen floors getting pretty grody. I did some work on the bathroom floor this afternoon spend some time trying to clean between the tiles. What a weird scenario people who have tiles in their bathroom that do nothing but clogged and get dirty. I doubt that I would have those squares again if I were to get a different bathroom floor. I could have done more work in the bathroom but I sort of got it presentable in case anyone should come over. And again I would never let anyone use my toilet I would send them down to the guest toilet at the front of the building. I think most people would gag at my bathroom. I really need to get somebody.


Like I said after lunch in the park I really didn't have anything to do and I didn't want to go spend any money if I didn't have to at the at the market or anywhere else and I'd ridden the bus enough times this week enjoy not having to go anywhere specific. I spent time in the Sun trying to read the new book I purchased yesterday day before but I just couldn't get into reading over sleeping well not at first. After a while, I was okay and I read a little bit but not enough to count.


Dwayne got beef and broccoli and egg foo young for lunch. Big Square styrofoam container stack next to smaller containers of rice and who knows what else. We had plates that we just each other we dished up the meal we had a fast meal or good meal anyway. I got the spoils Dwayne sent the remainder of the leftovers home with me. Seriously I think it's enough to go through the whole weekend. I noticed I got one of the boxes a little scary Wampus in the plastic bags as I came home and threw them in the refrigerator now there's a pile of juice that seeped out of one of the dinners hopefully it won't be a problem if I can just get it out of the refrigerator before the bag breaks and gets beef and broccoli juice all over the refrigerator still a good reason to force myself into cleaning the refrigerator again…

No comments: