Thursday, August 17, 2023

Thoroughly Thursday




 I wish I could have gotten a better image of this shoe I passed along the way, today. I was hot and somewhat tired however and even though I took two or three images the one I have here is the best of the three. I even edited the image a bit enlarged the item but still it's not as graphically pleasing as I would have liked it to have been. Of course she all remember my project and my interest in shoes without mates found along the way. I think it's a sad commentary to a certain degree not that the shoes really care but it just seems so symbolic to me where there should be two there's only one looking sad and forlorn often on the side of the road. Anyway that's my image for the day there are others I wish I had taken but didn't get the chance or the opportunity.

.

Of course today being Thursday was Coffee Day and I must admit it went pretty well except for when I brought my purchase of cookies that I did last night in for today's treats Marsha looked a little sad because we already have Bunches of cookies from coffee groups from the past. So we should be okay for a while. I thought I had a lunch appointment with my good buddy Dwayne today and embarrassingly I find out that it's tomorrow and it's right there in my messenger between him and me that I set it up for Friday, the end of the week. So I had my whole day ahead of me and it was only around 10:45 a.m. so I decided I would do another trip in to Costco and maybe Barnes & Noble. Once again I noticed that my day was totally evaporating and that if I wanted to get home before 3:00 p.m. so I can listen to Marketplace in the comfort of my apartment while working on my own bike I'd have to forget one of the projects and I ended up being Costco thinking that there's always another day to do Costco but I really need to get something to read before I go to bed so I cut across the street and was at Barnes & Noble. I forget how much I enjoy just hanging around a bookstore even a huge heartless plastic store Lake Barnes & Noble it's still just being around so many books and so many things of interest. I pretty much stayed with fiction I don't want to read about science and other things nonfiction and I don't have the patience for biographies and such- - though I should. I found a piece of literature which looks pretty interesting not quite science fiction are horror but something I think that will be enjoyable however not as long as I would like to have been it'll take me a while to read if I save it just for the evenings before I go to bed. Monsoons have returned to the area with a fairly decent rainstorm this evening. Luckily, I was in for the night and didn't get caught in any of the deluge. I did sit underneath the awning in the back and watch the rain for a while totally enjoying the phenomenon. There was Thunder and lightning to some degree but quite a bit of rain for a little bit and the best part was I didn't get soaked. I'm kind of excited, listening to news tonight, it looks like we'll be doing monsoon for the next week or so with high probabilities of more precipitation. As for now, and once again pretty tired looking forward to an evening with a new book and lunch with my friend tomorrow…

No comments: