Monday, August 21, 2023

Dreams and other things

I had another one of those dreams this morning, you know not quite a nightmare and not a terror but a very discomforting dream reflecting a part of my work life that I'm glad that I'm over with basically working with employers/bosses. I don't remember the dream now specifically except for I was a work oriented dream and my boss was involved and I had done something and I was in trouble. Of course, never did find out how the situation ended thankfully I woke and upon waking and the realization of the dream and the great relief I had as knowing that it was just a dream I took a deep breath turned over my pillow and grabbed a couple hours more sleep before I had to rise for the day. But, I don't know if those dreams are becoming more frequent or I'm just remembering specific ones more clearly but it's interesting at this point in my life I think I'm reviewing parts of it that was uncomfortable and that I'm glad that I'm passed.


It is unseasonably cool this August and it's a very strange August I think, we are getting the revenants of a hurricane/ tropical storm that came in the West Coast- which hardly ever happens. Thankfully we are not getting deluged with water as parts of California seem to be and parts of the mountains are being washed away houses with them and I'm sure any number of people as well. We are supposed to get some rain possibly late tonight early tomorrow morning or maybe during the day and possibly till the end of the week. Seasonally cool and Monsoon like moisture. That leaves me with the decision of short sleeves versus long sleeves. Tomorrow most likely will be a long sleeve day since I need to go into town for my weekly meeting and I don't want to get caught freezing to death on the train or should it rain be in the rain without something covering my arms which will definitely make me chilly I am even planning on trading in my regular cap for a stocking cap just to make sure my cap doesn't blow away. I almost lost one of my favorite caps today when I got handled by a gust of wind.


I took the bus again over to Murray to check out Costco. I purchased my glasses from Costco the newest pair the ones I ran over a couple weeks ago I wanted to see if they could pull it back from the brink and make him wearable again even though the lens is pretty messed up. I'm always impressed at what they can do with my frames and lenses. Sure enough I was correct after a short wait in line I gave the challenge to the little person behind the counter who grabbed a hold of them and it's been about a half an hour resurrecting the poor things to the point where I can wear them now full time not revert to my backup pair of glasses which I've been wearing for the last 2 weeks which has been good to have but those are a challenge as well since they were ordered with darkening lenses which has been my Bane as far as glasses go. I was still with Diane when I got these glasses with self-darkening lenses and they just drive me crazy particularly in situations where it's dark a little bit where I'm at like maybe on the bus or something and the handheld screen is kind of dark and the glasses are dark and I can't hardly read anything on the screen so I have to take my glasses off which is no big deal since I pretty much do that anyway. Today I also spent time with my pharmaceutical provider trying to make sure I have baclofen my medication for spasticity when I run out of the current bottle I have now. I tried to get it on one of those 90-day things but that's been a real mess and I had thought it was done last week but then I got an email over the weekend saying they can't fill my prescription I need to talk to my doctor which I did today it's it's messed up but I think I still have some prescriptions at the local pharmacy three more fills so I think I'll just pop over there tomorrow and pick them up. So the day was fairly productive I didn't get any reading done but sometimes I have to be on the road and tomorrow will be another road day possibly a wet one and possibly when it feels like fall. I may even have to dig out a jacket or something if it's raining when I leave in the morning. Wish me luck 

No comments: