Thursday, August 10, 2023

Container Envy

  



It's the end of another very long day. It's been a good day however and I feel like I got something done that was worthwhile. Of course today was coffee social and even though it's not my job I sort of have a feeling of responsibility to make sure the thing comes off okay. And it did had a few more than usual at today's function but we also had lots of leftover goodies so we had enough treats that's all I really worry about. The coffee and the pastries whatever they might be and what conversation might be had as well but that's not a big deal with me. Following the coffee group I had a little time said to myself I had a meeting with the Writers Guild at 2:00 for lunch, a late lunch but it sort of worked into my day, and then I had my first uilc board meeting this afternoon. Interesting schedule. I tried to do more than I probably should have because I wanted to get a container for my pickled peppers. Remember I stopped at Walmart yesterday and picked up a very tall canister but it's too big to go into the refrigerator where I needed to go so I decided but I really needed to do was go to standard restaurant equipment which is this Giant superstore for restaurants it's great I can get lost in it forever but if anybody had a container these guys would. And they did but I had to squeeze it in before my meeting with the writer's guild at 2:00. It took some major Power Wheel chairing and bus use but I got to where I needed to go and actually found a container that I think will work we'll have to see once I get the big cans open and stuff it full and see if it'll go into the refrigerator. The only problem I have is that that's charge for a lid that really doesn't fit the canister itself which was $6 and some sense cuz the whole thing came to around $9 and change. Now I'm just excited to do the transfer from the can to the plastic container see if it works. I was just about 17 minutes late to the writers group but it was good to see Lori and Jerry again. Jerry and I had the same thing off the senior menu hamburger patty with onions on top I had mashed potatoes and brown gravy it was actually pretty good for the senior menu. We visited for about an hour and a half and I had to take off to get to the board meeting which was zoomed so I had to go back to the apartment. I should have just dropped into the Independent Living Center cuz that's in the area that I was at but since the director and the assistant director we're at the summer camp there wasn't going to be anybody really there but I should have done that.


I got home with a half an hour to spare before I had to zoom in to the meeting. When it was time for the meeting I thought I was going to have time to print out the agenda previous minutes stuff you have for this kind of meeting but of course my printer is out of ink and I didn't have time to take it upstairs to the printer up there to see if I could get that to print besides I've noticed lately that people tend to steal the paper out of the printer people drive me crazy. But the meeting was okay little unorthodox but I think the new director is kind of an orthodox and that's pretty good that's what that's going to need to shape up the center I think I was invited to be there as a try on type of a thing but they need to have a vote and I was there with the zoom and that's one of those things where they interview you you ask answer their questions and then they ask you to leave the room if they're going to vote that night but there's no way for me to leave the room so they went ahead and voted with me there and I got in yay! And sure enough I was able to take part in the meeting a little bit and it was a little like I said on dorthodox because the director and assistant director ran the meeting from a restaurant up at the summer camp for a consumers. I think the September meeting will be more typical of the meetings. I think the organization is still in the middle of reorganizing itself from the previous director as these things go I think it's only natural so I think it's a good time for me to come aboard if I was going to do it at all. It was nice to have it done when it was done. I had another phone call video chat and then dinner. It's the end of a long day I noticed now how dark it is at 8:00 we are really losing the hours of daylight which I guess is all part of the process…

No comments: