Tuesday, August 29, 2023

Chore Day

 It seems like I spent the day running around doing little bitty chores rather than using the free day that I had given to me because the assist meeting was canceled. That's okay I guess it's just seems like it takes a long time to get anything done. I realized yesterday that I'm out of envelopes. Remember I was printing the kid letters with a new ink? Anyway so I figured I need to Saddle Up and head up to Walmart, well actually I was going to go down to 21st South at the big box office store there but I was so confused and so bummed out with the stupid road construction where some buses will stop at other buses won't you don't know where you can get on or off I decided I would not go into 21st South and go down Redwood Road to Walmart or for sure they would have envelopes.



Walmart to me is always overwhelming, much like Costco and other huge stores. I get there with one thing on my mind and soon I've picked up this and that and almost forgotten what I went there in the first place. Rubber bands, a three pack roll of paper towels and a bag of six snicker bars for Melissa. It was quite an armful of stuff to take home on the bus and that was after I stopped at McDonald's for my favorite cheeseburger with extra pickles and extra onions. I'm not sure what the problem is well I'm beginning to struggle getting my power chair under the buses ramps. It's like my left motor on my drive wheel is going out. The only time I see this however is when I'm coming up a ramp a little too steep. The bus driver is actually have a lot of control about how steep they make that ramp and if it's even kind of steep I have a hard time powering up the ramp many times haven't overcorrect to the right side and just hope I can stay on the ramp. Today was one of those situations where there's somebody sitting in the other wheelchair slot and the driver of course didn't tell me that the other wheelchair slot was taken, if I know this I can back up onto the bus and slide into the tie down okay but in this case I came aboard then found out the other wheelchair stall was full and had to negotiate my chair around the fair box and into the slot and ride backwards until we got to my bus stop and home. I really thought us going out for the ramp once or twice and the driver's trying to help in many cases making it even more difficult. I was glad to be home with all my treasures and myself. I spent rest of the day trying to read a little bit and getting enough energy to work on the letter task. I still have a couple of days so I'm not too worried.



I'm kind of hoping tomorrow I'll be able to just stay in and work on the kid letter project. I bought stamps today so I know I do have enough stamps- I probably did have the staff so I doubt if I could find them easily anyway. So, I picked up another bunch of stamps so tomorrow I'll work on envelopes addressing them and then signing letters stuffing envelopes stamping and then sending them out the door hopefully on the 1st of the month 3 days away. 

 

No comments: