Saturday, September 14, 2024

A1c why me?!

 



I'm in such a dither regarding how my diet is going to be affected by this type 1 prediabetes thing I'm currently sifting through. It seems everything that I totally enjoy I will no longer really be able to imbibe because it's a sugar or a carbohydrate, everything! For those constant readers who have to sit through my boobing about going through this pre-diabetic catastrophe that I feel that I'm passing through just either bear with me or don't read for a couple weeks just because I think I'm going to be focused on this a lot longer than I want to be focused. Trying to go through what I might be able to enjoy and ingest things like I guess meat products like roast, steak, chicken, lunch meat spam the whole galaxy meat products. I would like to think I could eat to some degree of milk products such as cheese and milk itself hopefully yogurts. I still have to figure out what to do from the standpoint of fruits and vegetables vegetables are okay I guess. However fruits which include juices maybe a real challenge too try to justify. Everything from watermelon to grapes are loaded with sugars I guess which makes them why they're so good. Even nuts are supposed to be off limits if you're really going to be serious about trying to modulate your A1c or whatever that is. It's got its own language I guess and now I'm watching the commercials during the 5:00 news now it's all about products that lower one's A1c. They weren't real to me up until now and all the sudden they all make sense so much more sense. A chemical Arsenal to lower the A1c. Ozympic which I think is the one product. I'm taking another kind of chemical that supposedly lowers that number. I babbled about it the other night wondering if this would allow me to still take part in the foods that I really love that are not available. The bottom line is I'm going to have to be an adult and as such take everything into moderation particularly losing weight cuz I understand this all affects the outcome. Little bummed because tomorrow morning I will have breakfast with my son at the local restaurant there's not a whole lot of stuff you can have for breakfast that's not bread or flour oriented I.E pancakes, French toast, toast toast Etc. I suppose I could order a steak or I could order a pork chop or I can order eggs and be done with it and just nibble on a couple pieces of bread toast. Or I could even just order cottage cheese which might not be a bad idea. Maybe cottage cheese and eggs that sound kind of weird but could be doable follow it up with sausage links or even a spanking flat of ham might be good as well. So there may be light in this Dark Storm of pre- diabetic realities. I just had to Pace myself freak out too often …


No comments: