Monday, September 02, 2024

Laboring on Labor Day

 I'm just back from the market actually I went up to Del Taco to utilize one of the coupons I got this weekend on their monthly mail out. Two bean burritos and I got a drink which wasn't covered by the two for one thing. Then of course I dropped the drink off the table on the floor giant mess. Nobody saw it that I was aware of and I could have totally just left the mess on the floor when I left the building but I felt compelled to contact somebody at the front order desk to let them know what I had done what happened. I did take a pair of scissors with me that's my new go to these days when I go out for fast food since very rarely- - except for Taco Time that's a little bit different- - has condiments that you can just pour everything is individually wrapped these days and even worse things like hot sauce ketchup and things of that nature you have to tear open the top and those little bitty containers. I of course have to try to hold the little packet in my hand between thumb and forefinger or whatever and then try to tear the top off with my canine teeth basically holding the packet with the tooth and move in my hand so it rips open the top sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't but it's always frustrated so I've developed a solution kind of a solution which is to take a pair of scissors with me that I stuff in my pouch that I carry with me. I can whip the scissors out and cut the tops off the little packets which is a great relief actually. It's messy as all hell but some things you got to accept. I don't think staff cares about the mess that I make as I pile up pack it after packet as I empty the contents onto my bean burrito, or taco or whatever I'm trying to increase the flavor of. I snip the top off and then squeeze all the contents of the little container onto whatever I'm ingesting. I'm sure it looks awkward and weird as hell but at least the heck out of trying to wrestle the contents out of hold and rip. The staff at the front counter where it's very nice when I told them what had happened. Of course, all they did was nod their head and smile at me because they probably didn't know a lick of English and I just sort of motioned about what had happened but I think they understood because I know one of them asked me if I wanted another cup of juice or drink and I said no. I had actually found their button to punch for fruit punch which isn't really too bad there. It was a quick lunch and a fairly cheap lunch All Things Considered. All together it was three something and some change and I had the extra burrito. I myself was pretty much a Mess by the time I pushed myself away from the table and begin my return trip home. I did this as a holiday treat today is Labor Day and I love to pretend that I'm participate in some kind of holiday ritual. This morning I actually I had Melissa, actually Melissa did it herself without me even asking put a roast on the slow cooker I.E Crock-Pot. The apartment smells great this afternoon. She's a funny little kid I got some small potatoes to put in there she put the whole packet in plus some carrots that look pretty ragged when I put them in the carrots in the refrigerator and now they had like whiskers all over them she took the whiskers off and cut them up for the Crock-Pot. I also two weeks some onion and garlic of course I'm sure it's going to be good regardless. My goal was to have enough protein / roast beef to smear the contents of one of my bottles of horseradish on. I have a ton of horseradish that I need to start using. I doubt horseradish goes bad I mean it's so bad to begin with it I don't think you could get any worse but by two or three today though that roast should be finished it without intend to let cool entirely before I put it away tonight. I'll have this for the rest of the week and I'm excited totally excited

No comments: