Tuesday, September 03, 2024

Password discouragement

 I am sure somewhere along the line I have written about passwords but I feel motivated if not inspired to once again go over my aggravation towards these super important items to Guard Security of your written thoughts and programs or whatever in the internet world are the computer world or whatever all I know is I've totally frustrated by the whole concept. You remember last week when they came to pick up my power chair and drop off the new shower chair and my buddy from the government agency gifted me I eat loaned depending on whichever you want to use to tablets one an apple and the other at Android. Each one of those are older but basically new. They feel new to me and you know what I've still not gotten them working yet. Trying to set them up- - which I thought was going to be fairly easy- - totally freaked me out because in each case I've got to go back and find the passwords I used to link me to either Google or whatever pieces of software I'm using in my internet life or online life. I mean I didn't even realize this the software I'm using to write this document is basically Google Google Documents which is okay but I'd like to have the same feature on tablets I have in waiting or to use on different projects. Cuz I do dictate a lot as you know. And I find being verbally able to write as opposed to typing it in with my little quad fingers is much more appreciative. I don't know how creative I am with the dictation part all I know is I get a lot more words written everyday that I would as fast trying to type this out on a keyboard somewhere. I would do that- - the faithful reader knows that but still I default to dictation now that I've gotten this far along. So I've got a filter through sit down at the table with a tablet- - a real tablet paper and pencil / pen and first try to go through and find passwords I will need to get my other systems operational and then write them down somewhere that I'll have them when I need them. I was be moaning this problem to one of my kids the other day and of course they always bring up the idea they have password controllers where you back up all your passwords it's got to have a password to get into that. I know that I would be just as frustrated so I'm going back to the old paper pencil thing and keep a log somewhere in the real environment that I can use to go back to find passwords I need to get to other platforms that I use at. I could do it I just think it'll take time and patience and the place where I can work to go back and find this stuff I think I'm just setting myself up for more discouragement

No comments: