Monday, September 16, 2024

Weather change

 Of course the only day that there's going to be rain, really rain this week is tomorrow, Tuesday, the day that I have to go to assist board meeting. It's okay it's not that big of a deal I'll just have to dress warm maybe find one of my jackets it's got some kind of water resistant surfacing. If I run into moisture I doubt if it's going to be significant after all we do live in a desert. It's just that all the other days have been warm and hot almost hot and dry but the only day that I have to be out is tomorrow and that's when there's going to be rain. Actually, I do have a doctor's appointment I believe day after tomorrow but that's not too far away distance wise and the rain should be pretty much finished by Wednesday I hope. We are fastly getting into autumn the changes later this week sometime I can't remember which day it is but the cooler weather is certainly upon us the cold front that's bringing the storm is also going to bring in cooler temperatures for the next couple of days if not weeks. After all it is getting to be the latter part of September almost October we are on the path towards winter sad as that may be.


I have gone just a little bit more than one mile today. Which basically means I sat in my apartment most of the day and that's been fine with me. The day's been overcast with threats of rain. The day is certainly felt like fall. I did go out to the dumpster a couple times to do a trash run and even though it's cloudy the day is still warm I bet the temperature is up in the 80s today but that's changing tomorrow. Tomorrow is my trip into assist, inc. So I will more than make up for the few miles I travel today I only hope that I will not run out of batteries power. Something's been going on at this chair I think I've written about it before that it seems to be down charging somewhat quicker than before. I don't think I'm in danger of being stranded, I will go ahead and charge the chair before I jump into bed hook it up to the charger and by morning it'll top out even though there's not much power gone I'll be sure that when I start out it'll be a full battery it's a full charge. I'm heading right up to the bus stop and then from the bus stop downtown in the library then across the street to my meeting and coming back it'll just be retracing my steps. So I should be okay tomorrow. It seems like I'm okay to go 4 miles and once I go to 4 miles I show about half full battery wise but then the battery will drop suddenly the next few minutes that I'm hanging around in my chair. And within an hour I bet you I'm just doing regular rolling it will go down to zero. What I found really interesting however is that at zero miles you would think that the chair would just stop but it doesn't it keeps going and I don't know how long I could get going after it shows that I've depleted my energy source but it's certainly not a really accurate depiction of what I have energy wise. It flashes on when I reach the 50% mark and warns me that I've used half of the battery which makes you feel I should be able to go as far as I had gotten so far but that's not the case. Whereas I have not been stranded with the power chair with a lost batteries but I'd have to ask strangers for assistance and I have a difficult time doing that especially if it's something like pushing me in my chair somewhere that I can get some service- - there just isn't anything like that on an emergent situation. I would certainly like to try that if I could find out and immediate individual who could immediately break free and come and assist me / you with their wheelchair needs. And once again I'm certainly not above calling the local fire department to push me out of traffic and whatever and get back to at least my station and charge the chair with my charger that I keep in this area. I just don't have an option for after that I don't even have a backup chair right now because I sent my chair in the ucat for some repair. And I I'm having To be good to make sure that I don't damage my chair before I get the backup chair back…

No comments: