Wednesday, September 18, 2024

Electrical Mess

 



I hesitated using this image for tonight's postings, I confess that even I have some form of embarrassment at the tangled web that sits next to my bed. This tangled web this actually the nurse Center where I keep my light my charger for my cell phone as well as my power chair and the drive mechanism for the electric bed that I totally rely on. I live in fear that something will happen and I will lose the power to any or all of these items that I rely on heavily during the day and even more importantly the night. A good case in point would have been I think a couple of days ago when going to transfer from my bed to my chair I had moved the bed up just a little bit or raise the bed a little bit went for one reason or another the electrical system died on the bed. I have course was totally freaked and thought that I knew what the problem was above the head of my bed is a electric outlet that I have my bed electrical bed plugged into. I've chosen this spot because I figured this was the place that would have the least amount of physical contact and therefore the plug would not come out of the wall. Of course you know that I was wrong and the only thing I can even think of was that when I was throwing the pill that I used during the night out of the way to raise my bed or to set myself up in bed I think the pillow went too high and fell down between the wall and the bed and came to rest on that plug. I of course did not realize it at the time and pushed the pillow off and brought it back onto the bed not knowing that I had pulled the plug almost out of the wall. I wasn't too concerned because worst case scenario this was Monday and my caregiver would eventually be here. Fortunately, and I still cannot really believe I did this, but I physically pulled myself up high enough to transfer onto the chair enough for me to tilt the chair back so I can get the the rest of the transfer finished. When Lisa did come she knew exactly what was wrong and pushed the plug back into the wall. I was so freaked out that I had her remove the plug unplug the electric bed into the power strip where theoretically if this should happen on the power strip I could hopefully plug the bed back in and get on with everything. I don't know how realistic this is and it kind of Spooks me to have the power bed plugged in here what's the best I can do at this point in time. I've been meaning for some time to actually secure the power strip to the side of my wooden box thing here so that it wouldn't twist and pull the plugs out as it does now every once in awhile especially if I'm not watching it.. I think I'll try to get my brother to come around and do this if not then hire some Fix-It guy to come in and do it. Now however it's just important that I maintain watch on this power strip to make sure it doesn't lose its connection..

No comments: