Thursday, September 05, 2024

Environmental controls

My sleep pattern is changing and I don't like it very much. The past couple of days I woken up at 3:00 a.m. 3:30 a.m. 4:15 a.m. and 9 times out of 10 not being able to get back to sleep. In defense of myself I've been able to get through the days even on the earliest of wake UPS fairly well. Once again it would be Splendid if there's a way that I could take a nap sometime during the day like all the other farts who are old here at the facility do I really envy that. The best I can do however is just tilting back in my chair and sometimes getting a little bit a very light sleep. The weather's been changing a little bit there's been a big fire and there still is large fires in Idaho and the weather is blowing the smoke right over Utah and normally I don't have a problem with that even if that means smelling smoke in the air but I don't like is the smoke being so thick it acts like a cloud cover and everything's kind of chilly not really cold and most people really like it after a hot summer but for me it's just cold maybe not at the very moment I'm thinking of but the sneak up kind you know when you get on the bus and you get strapped in and realize that you have to sit in but feels like Sub-Zero weather for 20 minutes until the bus takes off no matter where you're going someone's got the thermostat set to Sub-Zero it feels like. And the immobility do like their cold and ice cold temperatures in the sun of the summer.


Where are these phenomenon of sitting in a cold environment or air conditioned there's no more evident then going to the movies in summer. As we enter this changeover. From Summer to Autumn the movie auditoriums are always chilly for me. I thought about starting to drag a blanket with me every time I go to the movies but that seems so geriatric but I certainly can understand why they were do such a thing. I still might start doing exactly that just to stay warm during the movie but chances are when I do that I will fall asleep. Today I went to the movies and it wouldn't have mattered because I was the only one in the theater. Just amazing. I think my phone must have rang three times during the movie and I was able to check my mail a couple times as I would receive new emails. I didn't worry about the amount of light that bled out from my equipment or the amount of noise my system made whether it was my cell phone or my power chair. I just stretched back in my chair elevated my feet lowered my back I enjoyed the movie. This was my second movie this week if I'm lucky I'll squeeze in another movie before the start of the next week. The new movies start tonight actually and there's a couple I think I need to see I don't know if I really want to but I want to see these movies and get them out of the way. 

No comments: