Thursday, September 12, 2024

Coffee and the movie




 I started the new regimen of medication today. Remember I picked it up yesterday or was the day before? I don't rightly recall except that I've been holding it kind of spooked about using it. I've dragged my feet on using the medication just because on the side effects it indicates that diarrhea has been reported. I apologize I actually wrote about this last night but this is primarily regarding the action I took this morning. The pharmacist indicated that I needed to take this medication with a meal and I really don't do meals much. So that's something I'm going to have to work on but this morning I took the medication with a large tamale. I was going to actually cook something this morning but by the time I got around to getting dressed and thinking I'm going to cook something for breakfast it was almost time to leave for the coffee social. So the best I could do was take the tamale nuke it and then take the medication. It doesn't say how big the meal has to be only that I have to be eating something take this med because otherwise it does something weird to you or the medication is not as effective as it could be I don't know. All I know is I didn't want to poop my pants because of possible diarrhea. So with that in mind I decided I might as well live on the edge and after the coffee social I messed around the apartment until it was time that I could catch a bus to run up and take in a movie. I think I've hit my goal for the month of three movies. The advertising package for unlimited movies indicates that three movies you pretty much paid for the $20 a month prescription that I pay. I figured I might as well be doing something if I fill up my pants.


I kind of surprised myself I actually enjoyed the movie, it's about artificial intelligence. I like to scare myself with real life horror movie possibilities and I think artificial intelligence is that. Of course this movie was not a whole lot different than a lot of the other movies where the computer slash AI has gone on a rampage or just mentally ill and goes after it's Flesh and Blood operators. It was well done movie wise and I totally want to believe it's not true there's something in the back of my mind saying don't be naive. I actually even got popcorn. I supposed to be able to get a free bag because of the amount of points I've acquired but they have this weird rule that you've got to do you got to ask for it in a certain way and I did not do it so I ended up having to pay $8 for popcorn and I just hate doing that though it was good popcorn. I brought 3/4 of the popcorn home. Now every time I eat something I'm totally focused on the fact that because I'm pre-diabetic is this going to push me over the edge. I think I'm okay with popcorn even on the side of calories I think it's okay even though I had it drenched in butter. I'll eat the remainder of the bag in the next couple of days if my morning help doesn't eat it first.

No comments: