Monday, September 09, 2024

Road trip!

 I'm kind of perplexed tonight because I neglected or failed to do something today. I should have gotten a hold of my friend Kent who works with the state. We are on the same Advisory Board for assistive technology for the state of Utah. We have a quarterly meeting and that meeting is tomorrow. The office for this program is in Logan Utah which is about an hour and a half north of us here in Salt Lake so typically they come to Salt Lake and we have the meeting here but for one reason or another we're having it tomorrow up in Logan. The members of this Advisory Board are all traveling up there, those who are going, to have lunch and the meeting there and probably two are the facility again. They do offer the option of having this meeting as a zoom meeting but we've all decided to go up there except tomorrow is the meeting and I haven't heard whether my ride is still up for the ride up to the university. I'm sure he is I just have not heard from him this week which is kind of strange. The reason I'm going up with him is that a few of us decided to go together since he has access to a wheelchair accessible van and will be driving me up with the group. Now one of the group has develop covid so he's not going it's just me and Kent. I just don't quite remember when he's going to pick me up. It has to be around 9:00 I would think to get there by 12:00 when we get our lunch. I'm sure there's not a big issue even if all right to miss the ride completely I can still dial in and catch the meeting on line. I would not say that I'm excited but I have to admit I'm a little anxious about this whole event. Anxious in a good way I have not really ridden in the vehicle besides public transit for years actually. And I really haven't even been out of the city for as many years. So it'll be quite interesting to get on the bus and travel to Logan. I don't know if there will be any time to do any stopping along the way. There is a major Creamery up there that makes famous cheese out of that area of the Cache Valley. Everybody wants Cache Valley cheese if anyone's going that way. I doubt that we'll have time for anything like that but one never knows. I'm hoping tonight I'll be able to get some sleep. Last night or rather this morning I was awakened by about 4:00 a.m. there's something going on in my body that I'm somewhat concerned about. Last night I had some twinges not really pain but discomfort to the point that made me concerned and this is not a new phenomenon every once awhile this tends to act up. I'm going to try tonight to take some ibuprofen and see if that will make it at least sleepable through the night. I really should bring it up with my appointment with the internist next week but I'm a little chicken. Perhaps if the payment is more severe and the fact that it comes and goes I would be a little more cautious. Maybe something just being inflamed or something. Maybe it's something to do with diabetes but just totally on my mind now since the experience at the market pharmacy. I should have called the doctor's office today but couldn't get around to it. Who knows maybe after tomorrow I won't even matter…

No comments: