Sunday, September 08, 2024

Pre-diabetic?

I almost wrote about this yesterday cuz that's when it happened but I'm still pondering the situation. I went to the market today primarily because I got a notification on my emails or my messenger or something that I had a prescription to pick up at the pharmacy at my market. I wasn't too surprised I have a prescription that actually is coming due and I figured it was just that prescription that had been filled. I was wrong. When I asked the pharmacist what the prescription was he told me and I didn't recognize it at all. I thought it was a mistake. Then he did this interrogation thing about who I was but date of birth all that kind of stuff. He then indicated the physician who prescribed it of course and then all kinds of information about me. The prescription is for a drug for people who are pre-diabetic. This kind of made sense but it totally came out of that field I didn't know how to react to it. Then I remembered that when I was at the position the other day for the checkup / follow up there was a blood draw done and it was for checking the iron levels that I was low on the last go round. In the meantime I've been Faithfully taking the iron tablets. The only thing I can think of is that something popped up regarded in the pre-diabetic stuff any prescribed the medication. I don't know why this really rubbed me wrong though. I left the meds there and then we'll call the doctor's office Monday to see if I can get any other information about if he is prescribing this for my pre-diabetic condition what else do I need to know?


The reason I seem to be acting so defensive as that this is just a sucker punch for me. I really have been feeling pretty good the last couple of weeks I don't know if that's the iron thing kicking in or exactly what. I don't know if there's any particular way a person should be feeling if they're pre-diabetic. And again, I certainly don't doubt that I am. I'm just don't know what the regimen is to live with such a diagnosis. At breakfast this morning my granddaughter was pretty adamant that I'd have to stop ingesting sugar of any kind. I could do this, stop eating sweet things, it might be a bit of a challenge but I could do it I know I could especially if it prolonging whatever the pre-diabetic condition might be. That would certainly like to get rid of it completely but I don't know if that's possible. I know that many people who are overweight are diabetic and I know that I am overweight but I don't know if that just means that if I were to get my weight under control would I be able to lose the pre-diabetic label and live a fairly normal life and I think I can even if I am diabetic. I might be getting myself into a tizzy because really if anything I'm pre-diabetic .. on medication...

No comments: