Wednesday, September 04, 2024

Power Up

 Sometimes I'm totally freaked out how dependent I am on electricity. Truth is I never think about the dependency until I'm totally dependent and it's gone away. Case in point this morning when I went to get up to transfer into my chair my electric bed stopped working right in the middle of the process leaving me totally immobile. Luckily, the bed stopped in such a position that with what strength that I have I was able to get myself more or less onto my chair and eventually slid myself onto my chair totally. However it's early morning still my help hasn't got here yet and I have to find out what has happened. The hand control seems to have stopped working that I use. I don't know if the beds unplugged or what is the problem but I've got to get it fixed before bedtime tonight. I cannot leave you hanging there is eplog to this story and of course it has to do with my right hand man, woman, Friday- - Melissa. She a little late coming in today which is actually about the regular time she should be here but I wanted her here a little bit early because I have a doctor's appointment today and I need to make sure I had enough time to get to the bus and get over to the doctor's office. Anyway she did come in finally and of course I had to lay out the whole idiotic feeling I had the technician technique was against me today. She took care of me then went to work on the problem and found it immediately which I figured it was either going to be an easy fix or a hard fix and it was an easy fix. I keep my bed plugged in just on the head of the bed behind the head of the bed which makes it difficult for me to get to but there's the least amount of issue where it might get unplugged. Anyway it got unplugged or nearly unplugged she was able to find it reach around plug it in and now I'm set to go again. I have got to figure out a way to make that less dangerous for me. I shouldn't worry so much but I do I hate to be stranded and luckily like I said I was able to muscle myself actually into my power chair which was a blessing indeed. The trip to the doctor's office went without issue unless you count the idea that I got to the bus stop I thought late and I just missed the bus in fact I saw it come in and pull out. Later I found out that that bus must have been terribly late because that was the previous bus that should have been there half an hour before and as I was waiting for the bus which I thought would take another half hour my bus came in. I was actually on the phone letting the doctor's office know I was going to be late when the miracle bus came by pick me up took me and drop me off. A minor Miracle but still I felt blessed. I stopped at Costco on the way back I remembered the sack our bag this time so I had something to carry stuff home in I actually got a bag of plums, a hot dog and something for $13 but I can't remember what it was. I put the bag between my feet brought it home without an incident it was a pretty good day..

No comments: