Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Prediabetes II

 I got up this morning feeling fairly decent. I got much better sleep last night the night before- - I still could have used an hour or so more of sleep but I was awake now and didn't really want to try to go through the whole hassle of going back to sleep and waking up yet again. Twice, waking, in the same morning is more of a challenge than I want to deal with these days. I had to get up get the coffee made and shave today's caregiver day, Melissa will be here 2 or 3 hours to do the business. Time with Melissa's always fun but today was pretty straightforward for both of us just get the job done so we can get on with our day. My goal today was to contact my physician and just find out more about this drug I'm supposed to be taking for diabetes or prediabetes or whatever it's called.


It always takes me a few minutes to get through the barriers in my doctor's call phone. I mean you know you make the call you come into their first level explains a bunch of junk to you then you go to the second level then if you're lucky on the 3rd you get to speak with a human and ask your questions. I lucked out on my first try and got a nice receptionist named Marcy. I briefly explain to Marcy that there is a prescription for me at the pharmacy which I didn't understand- - and she did understand. She let me know that I was indeed pre-diabetic for type 2 diabetes. This of course reinforce the anxiety that I already had. She also informed me just some of the issues are Essentials that is probably no sugar, limited white bread are bread in general I guess and other dietary issues. She also inquired of me that had I checked my “ Healthcare” file on the internet which or where the docs like to dump all their information on regarding me. I know it's childish but I think it's way too scary and so I really haven't dealt into it too much I probably need to rectify that if I'm going to be Mr on top of everything. I've only been to this account two or three times it's just way too specific in your face of what's going on with your body. I know that's what the whole point is in being self-aware Etc. So I briefly asked the individual I had on the phone about what some of the stuff meant. She explained to me that I was probably in the beginning stages of the disease if diabetes is a disease or a state of being I don't know. But, she indicated there is a program in the office that explained it more to you actually had a person counselor type person explain it which I might take advantage of. She indicated that she herself was diabetic not necessarily brittle at this point in time but certainly has to take the shots and do the things that she has to do. So now I've got the meds and now I have to start taking them. She advises me I should take them with a meal. One of the drawbacks of this medication is it also can do some diarrhea which I really don't want to have to deal with I can't deal with. So I'm still kind of freaked out on the whole thing. Totally have to cut down sugar and carbohydrates which of course are my building blocks of life. I asked her and she also indicated that obesity is another Factor. If you can control your obesity and even lose some weight to a point that you would no longer be diabetic. I'm not totally totally sure how that would work but I've heard it before. And I might give it a shot since really what else do I have to do? I might even think about getting back into the exercise program over at Sugarhouse rehab. I don't know if I'd really have the energy to do such a project but it couldn't hurt…

No comments: