Sunday, February 09, 2020

4 PM Sunday Afternoon



Often in the mornings as I'm getting up I listened to the radio and as I've mentioned before which is usually on NPR. And I've still not canceled by sustaining membership to my local station I still feel the same way. But I'm being used but I use them to as I get up in the mornings and other times throughout the day. This morning as I went about my Sunday morning routine “Wait Wait Don't Tell Me”on the statement was made about 4 PM Sunday afternoons. It said something like 4 PM on Sunday was when a person pretty much released their feelings about the weekend and start preparing for Monday and the following week. I felt this a lot more when I was working in the definition between personal time and work time a significant. Maybe this is the reason I hated to take sunday afternoon. I saw that the unconscious time(even though the time might be beneficial and helpful and even healthy) was still losing valuable time. When I was still able bodied but my jobs was helping with milking. On the weekends usually we started walking around 4 PM. And on Sunday afternoons milking his cows was a sure sign the new week was beginning.

It's true, at least for me, there is a fundamental shift right around 4 PM on Sunday afternoon. The doctors noticed that the Blackfoot Idaho by myself after my first divorce. I was having to experience and relearn what began as a single person. A small two-bedroom apartment (actually the apartment was kind of large for one person). I found myself getting restless on Sunday afternoon for no reason. Blackfoot such a small community there were not a lot of options. So often I would sit in this big La-Z-Boy chair I would transfer into from a wheelchair and make long distance calls to friends and family and get ready in my mind for Monday. I've always admired people who seemed to be able to fill the space with friends or family. Perhaps that's a function of the family dinner. Keep everybody busy as they wandered past 4 PM marker. Maybe if I like sports, televised sports, I could keep myself amused with those since most professional games seems to be happening at that time. I've also noticed a lot of males seem to like to sleep the Sunday afternoon away. I'm at a loss since I don't do a lot of any of those things. Sometimes, I like to cook something which takes all afternoon this keeps me a little busy over the four clock.. Today I'm blogging and that's good but only lasts for so long I mean after all 500 words. But, I try to con myself that if they were warmer I would be doing something and maybe I would not just reading out the parking lot. So it's not a big deal to face 4 PM on Sunday. It's just a number like everything we assigned to much to certain things in certain members and perhaps the whole point just to enjoy the number is a gift to maybe our numbers and all numbers gifts…

No comments: