Sunday, February 02, 2020

HB To Me



Did I tell you today's my birthday? Don't mean much after 50. That sort of that spiral down to the end which seems to get swifter and swifter as the years pileup. I did expect a whole lot from the day. Another card from my brother earlier in the week that I sat on until today and I opened up this morning. Money! Always a great gift. Gift cards also came in for coffee and Amazon Ï and set now. However, perhaps the best part of the day was visit us from Dianne and Mark Anthony.

Dianne came bearing gifts for me and the apartment . Dianne did some more apartment organizing which will greatly help tonight when I have to put away the roast I've been cooking all afternoon my crockpot. It is going to take one of a bigger storage vessels in my plastic box. I used a lot of vegetables and the roast was relatively small I think I can get them all in one container. This will be a productive day.

A chocolate cake, iced and ready is like a loaded gun inside the house. It's just sitting there viciously waiting for someone to use it. Luckily I don't have a loaded gun but I've got one hell of chocolate cake! Luckily I have Dianne and assorted neighbors want to take responsibility for the cake and systematically remove it from my weak nature. Of course sent a piece of cake with Dianne. I still have a major piece of dessert last. I called her neighbor Bellie, across the hall, who more than willingly came across and I unloaded her with a good eighth of the cake Billie then put the screws on the to cut a piece of cake for my next-door neighbor. So of course, I couldn't cut a smaller piece so I sent a piece the same size as I cut for Billie. It seemed only right. So now, I have half a cake left which is still pretty lethal for anyone trying to lose weight but only half as lethal as it was.

It's Groundhog Day, I know I already sent that. But for 69 years I've labored under the idea that I was born on Groundhog Day. In this year with the revelation of my birth family and some of the records of my birth mother there may be some question of not only February 2 being the actual birthday but maybe I might be a whole year younger. When researching the delivery records we cannot find a baby boy delivered on February 2, 1951 but there was a baby boy delivered February 1, 1952! I don't know really what to think. However, because the records of my life so state February 2, 1951 I'm going to go with that data. Even though I could buy another year in the 60s.

I've had the phone calls that I expected for today and I've had visitations and so I'm really lucky. I got a bunch of clothes, plants and a chocolate cake as well as gift cards that will keep decaffeinated and Amazon movies or whatever I feel I might need. The roast was kind of gift myself as well as the parents of the week to come. I'm so thankful for another year as last year of the 60s for me. As beneficial as in other areas also means of another year closer to the end of the spiral. Happy birthday everyone even though today's my birthday you are all my gift!

No comments: