Wednesday, February 05, 2020

A Little Bit Better Today



I have still got the cough. However, I'm pleased to report that I feel that it getting better. It seemed like I was awake all night long but I don't think that I was since I have felt pretty good today. My radical cough has radically subsided. So I think to survive. Kirk Douglas died today he was 103 and had a pretty decent insurance plan. The reason I bring this up is that I'm kind of getting worried being by myself I've had no problems transferred the past couple of months or years so I know I can do that the transfer. Getting to bed is usually not a problem that's all gravity. Make sure that I spin at the right time falling out of my chair . Getting up is essentially the same procedure. I'm fortunate enough to have a all electric bed which will rise quite a bit above my chair. Then I just have to roll myself to the side of the bed and then just slide myself into a chair. I have to be careful providing remember to raise the foot box in the evening. There been times when I made the transfer but my feet did not have anything to hold themselves in the foot box. Usually, as soon as I get off the bed the chair until my chair back almost to a horizontal position allowing me to reposition my feet in the foot box and press myself in the back of the chair.

I've been coughing so much the past couple of days that I really begin to think I have weakened myself to some degree. I lay and think about this during my when I wake and cannot necessarily fall asleep. I worry that at some point in time (really, it's only natural) I am not going to be able make these transfers remember to be falling on the floor are wedging myself between the chair of the bed. This is when I have to call the fire department or my brother. This of course is that I have access to a cell phone or tablet or something which will allow me to communicate. I was feeling weak this morning but at lunch I had so the roast beef that I made on my birthday and I think that really did me a world good. So I think my main challenge is not to become so histrionic that I shoot myself in the foot. I'm going to get better and I'm going to get stronger going to be okay with a little help from my friends. Then the question is how much help can friends provide. Why we have a lady here is just a great person but she speaks that point that she has to make the next step. Right now the ladies of pretty much banded into a brigade which is keeping this woman going. Transferring it out of bed, cleaning her up, bring her meals etc. I wonder if I asked them if they would help me out just a little. I'm not nearly as involved as this lady.

I think I first woke up this morning 3 AM pretty much just laid there worried so I got up about 6 a.m. I knew that my home health personwould be there by 6:45 AM. I should've just waited but I made the jump anyway and was pretty much ready by the time that Annette showed up. I've taken it pretty easy today as I plan to do tomorrow with more snow coming in. I don't even think of going to coffee…

No comments: