Monday, February 03, 2020

Take The Long Way Home



It seemed that beans were in the air today. I can't remember the reason but I texted DD early in the day were informed me that she was making red beans and rice which is not a bad Southern dish.. For me the saving grace with this dish is the fried sausage that goes with. However, I kind of got into help making the dish last decade with DD and the kids before everyone moved out and before the stenosis. It's funny now that I'm a longer living with DD and start the crave food that I was not too interested in at the time. Shrimp I was not too big on and DD to make a lot of sure really fast. She doesn't buy the pink shrimps with a nice little rose in circles at the market on Super Bowl Sunday. DD hunts down huge shrimp hiding in nondescript Chinese markets scattered around the Valley. The shrimp are still in the show and still veined. DD grabs the shrimp peels back the shell and de-veins the critter right there when there's a enough they all go into the boiling water. You have a whole bottle of cocktail sauce a.k.a. shrimp dip.

Also today fairly early when I was out checking my mail I rented my neighbor across the all, Billiewho informed me that she was making ham and beans and would I like some for dinner. Of course. Billie said she was still in the process of cooking soup/beans. It was still early afternoon and I was working on kid letters. I got the idea that cornbread would go good with the ham and beans. I remember, somewhere, I had a couple boxes of cornbread mix. I actually have a canister of cornmeal and I should've gone with my instinct of making the cornbread scratch but I thought why not use up the mix. I finally found the box and addresses of straightforward enough just oil, milk and one egg. Mix over the cooking receptacle cook at 375° for 14 to 16 minutes or until lightly browned.

Finally I found it was 4 PM to his time as any to start my cornbread muffins. Somewhere in all the organization would just happened over the last couple of days my cupcake papers disappeared. I'm sure they're still around the place somewhere probably the shelf in one of my closets. I figured what the hell I just grease up 6 cup muffin tin that should do it easy as pie. What comes out that the cornbread mix I had access to was for a 12 cup muffin tin. I figured that's a okay. I will just cook six which we can use for dinner then cook up the rest later. I called Billie after I cooked the muffins 14 minutes as described but they're still pretty light when Billie checked them out. I threw them in the oven for another five or six minutes would seem to do the trick or so I thought. The muffins look good. After I waited the prescribed five minute cooldown I found I could not get the muffins free of the tin without destroying the muffins. I sprayed that stop with that those greasing the cookie tin but didn't seem to work at all. I was left with a pile of problems. There were a few tops that was kind of crispy is able to send with Billie back to her apartment to enjoy with the beans. I used some as well my beans.

I don't think I'm going to use cornbread muffins out of the box again. I know better, when I cook my own cornmeal bread/muffins I use half of the sugar or no sugar at all. I like this product a lot more. That is what I should've done today but no active the easy way out which end up being the long way home….

No comments: