Sunday, February 16, 2020

Just Speak Into The Microphone…



I'm just astounded. As much as I use Amazon to shop I just cannot get over how efficient service seems to me. Now, the last two or three things I purchased on Amazon actually arrived the next day. This afternoon Mark Anthony was over helping me out was questions I've generated regarding my microphone system for my speech to text operating systems.

I've talked a little bit about the speech to text I prefer to use. DragonDictate is the software I use. I've gone into some depth on other postings but suffice it to say I like Dragon except I've been getting frustrated with the software or perhaps the microphone system I've been trying to use. Over the past number of months maybe year I've noticed the accuracy of my dictating get worse and worse. Part of this side blamed on the loss of my hard drive a few months ago. But once I got the new hard drive and reinstall the software not I went but becoming more frustrated. I was getting the sensation that the computer wasn't even listening to me or could hear me. Actually, since I have an action cam on my computer screen microphone on the cam as been doing the bulk of the recording. I am kind of surprised how few headset microphones are offered anymore a place like Best Buy or other computer type retail outlets. With all kinds of things on the Internet of course which is well and good if you know what you're looking for but I need help so I contacted Mark Anthony and asked him to stop by which he did today. Not surprisingly, he was quick to see that the headset I'm using is broken. The microphone system seems to be nonfunctioning which leaves only the action of them microphone.

The action camera phones basically okay except it since about 4 feet away from my mouth and I know the little guy tries really hard but you can only do so much. I find myself screaming out the camera and frustration when it can't seem to pick up the words I'm trying to say and ends up sticking on all kinds of words which it thinks is the right solution. So, with Mark Anthony here we are able to isolate the problem and then go straight to Amazon is able to purchase a low-priced head-set. I know, they get what you pay for and I should've just bit the bullet and ordered the headset would like 40+ bucks. I could even do it no problem but I'm too cheap I went for the $27 headset which I covered with my birthday gift from Shelley. The best part was that the little notation at the bottom of the screen indicated the headset would be in tomorrow afternoon sometime! I try to hate Amazon but,how can you hate that kind of service?

Even with tomorrow being a national holiday my new headset will show up at my door. I was really hoping this headset will really help dictation in my peace of mind. Feeling a little chagrined at this moment since I finally have any issues tonight with my dictation. Still I have the money in my account for my birthday gifts and I really feel I need to dictation assistance. And best of all I get a new box on the outside my door sometime tomorrow but I'm going to open up like a fourth grader at his birthday party…

No comments: