Friday, February 14, 2020

Friday Night Dinner



Today marked the first full day of what I felt was in the saddle. The day was beautiful temperature wise it seemed to take forever to get very incidentals out-of-the-way to get outside roaming around my world. I spent the morning waiting for my clothes to dry (it seemed to just take forever but the point being it only took only one drying cycle! I don't know why this was the case because it generally takes to drying cycles. However, it seemed to take forever for the drying to end. Then of course I have to do my bike workout another half an hour. Finally, I crawled into my vest and sprinted out the busstop. I didn't go far and I really wasn't gone long the traveling south just a couple blocks. I went to the dollar store.

All a Dollar or whatever it's called was my destination . I needed new batteries, AA's and AAA's. I got one of each, with six batteries in each package I felt I should be covered for at least the next couple of months. I was taken aback when last week are desperately needed one AA but cannot find any of the dozens I must have laying around his apartment. They are all gone. Well, I am covered now. Of course, when you're in the dollar store I cannot buy just one item. I secretly wanted to get at least two boxes of Fiddle Fadde and that's what I got if I really got what I wanted I would've purchased five boxes but I practiced restraint. By then, I was out of control when jar dill pickle spears, mouthwash, two bars of soap (antibacterial) two packages of trail mix and the mixed nuts. The total came to about $17, which I still think is a deal. I pretty much gotten everything on my list, if I have a list, still I wanted to go to the coffee shop, maybe wander through some of the clothing discount places like T.J. Maxx and the like. But didn't want to push it or myself so I headed for the busstop.

Today was delightfully warm almost in the upper 50s. Lots of sunshine until the end of my shopping trip when the clouds begin moving in with threeats of the storm still two days out. I smiled at people at my busstop and was glad when the bus pulled up and I boarded for the quick trip home. It was almost 4:00 PM so I still have ample time for my 430 broadcast of Marketplace. I've missed the local broadcast which is at 3 PM but know I can always the rebroadcasts of my show at 430 from WNYC in New York City. I'm cool that way. The day had turned chilly as the clouds has moved in. I was kind of excited for dinner I made toasted ham and cheese for lunch and still have half a sandwich which I plan to reheat, open a can of Campbell's tomato soup and a handful of potato chips. A real Friday night dinner…

No comments: