Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Kathy Dragoo and Lanie Too





You know it's kind of funny but I think many thought the Internet and programs like Facebook is going to open up secondary options at friendships long-lost in the curtains of time. It's kind of funny. I'm always shocked at how old I am not so much of how old I am in the way that I feel it's foul volume in the way that I look. I look like a almost 70-year-old codger. And I see my colleagues, friends former classmates looking like me and their respective rights. Of course, you can always see the kernel of the individual you once knew and perhaps crushed on. I'm kind of fortunate that I currently in contact with a couple of goals old relationships. It's kind of strange.

I believe I've mentioned Elaine before. She was one of my bona fide, actual girlfriends. She and I were in this kind of long-distance relationship I had my accident. I lived at one part of town and she lived in the other and we met each other weekly at the Saturday night dance. Search “Saturday night dance” in this blog world to see references to that particular phenomenon and what it played my life. At 15 I didn't have either the resources or focus to really be in a long-term relationship. The kind of felt good to have someone to dance with the whole night and someone to give a good night kiss to when you're 15 years old. We even kept the relationship going for some time after the accident. Elaine actually becoming a volunteer at the rehabilitation center I rehabbed at. Elaine was great.
Elaine must now be 66 or 67 years old. Like me she's put on some weight like me she's has gotten older however unlike me she's managed to stay married to her first husband. I envy her that.Periodically, we communicate via text. It's fun and we sometimes dance around those severed wires that seem to be still sparking the some degree. At this point it's just kind of fun remembering what was and what could've been.

The other person who wanted to my mind the other morning was the first real live girlfriend I ever had. Her name was Cathy Dragoo at you sat on the back of the bus and somehow I ended up sitting next to her one night or afternoon going home from school this must've been the seventh grade. I became totally infatuated with her and to this day I cannot imagine what she saw in me. Somehow, I do not even rememberbut I was able to get my hands ona St. Christopher medal and give it to her which she were probably. I was a Mormon, I had no idea about St. Christopher except for that is what you give a girl you want to go steady that's all I remember now of that quick lived relationship.

I look at my face in the mirror and wonder who that is looking back…

No comments: