Friday, February 28, 2020

Cheesy Peesy




I woke this morning thinking about macaroni and cheese for some reason. Macaroni and cheese is not
on my list of super favorite foods. However, I must note that many times when I've dreaded the meal macaroni and cheese I've been pleasantly surprised at how well I enjoyed that entrée. Up until I married Dianne my only experience with macaroni cheese I've been through Kraft macaroni and cheese. : Anthony/little Mark was growing up mac & cheese was a staple of his diet. I could always get little Mark to Wolf down a bowl mac & cheese. However, I was impressed with Dianne always who wentout-of-her-way to make macaroni and cheese from scratch. I was impressed. I was so used to making the dish from the box but never realized people probably made mac & cheese from ingredients in their closets probably forever. I never realized they just take the stuff, mixing together and voilà you have a dinner!

I'm in that weird cycle from waking up each morning somewhere between 2 AM 3:35 AM. This is also the day that I have home health come in for shower and toileting. Needless to say I get too excited to go back to sleep. So this morning I was fixated on macaroni and cheese and particularly on how I could “jazz” up the traditional dish elbow macaroni and melted cheese. I just start thinking of all the different ways I could excite this – for my own palette. First. You have to prepare the macaroni which is to be elbow macaroni most likely. After you prepared the macaroni I have a pretty broad canvas waiting to be filled. I could use bread crumbs but most likely I would default to soda crackers ground-up or even ran through my Cuisinart now that I am going to start using machine more than ever. For that matter i can even use potato chips if I have them. But these are just the basics what if I were to take a couple of tablespoons of my sliced jalapeno peppers and throw them in the mac & cheese? If I'm going that route maybe even the green pepper or red pepper or even pimento. These tangy and colorful ingredients but only work give this traditional comfort food pizzazz but some beauty as well. I was even thinking olives could also give personality to the dish. Now, had even gone area of protein best kind of thinking of what about some spam chunks, slices of spam diced up for that matter you could use regular ham if you are a rich person. It would elevate the complete dining experience from a side dish to a casserole status.

I don't know how long it is going to take me to sneak up on this idea of building a better macaroni and cheese dinner/casserole. Now I'm thinking about it what if I use hamburger? Would it still be macaroni and cheese already cheeseburger knockoff? Either way I'll bet it would be tasty. Think of all the different kinds of chips one could use to produce the crunch factor. Luckily, I already have my dinner planned for this evening. I am still working on the meatloaf I created earlier this week about me of his better every day. I'm going to do it however it won't be as creative as Dianne would do but just a few of jalapeno peppers just think of the wonders of taste I could create…

No comments: