Thursday, February 27, 2020

Catheter Bouquets


.
Hallelujah! I checked this morning and was delighted to see the state has come through with the monthly check for my retirement. It's not like I'm coasting on pennies even though it feels that way sometimes. I'm actually doing fairly well says that I wish I felt more secure especially once my levels in the bank accounts reviewing falling below certain levels are my credit card debt creeps upward. I don't know if the whole China thing or the virus thing or the presidential thing but I began to think of alternatives to lifestyles which might be changing. Case in point I get approximately 180 catheters a month that's just about six catheters of a day. If I'm being honest I could probably get by with four catheters of the province that extra cushion I like to think that I have. Traditionally, I throw the catheters away after I use them. I've never seen anything anywhere it says to throw a catheters after one use unless you interpret the “disposable” indicator on the front of the catheter boxes. Again, I think I've mentioned before somewhere in this blog and talk about my friends the paraplegics and how they instructed me that catheters on even broken until about six or seven uses and I'm gullible enough to believe the paras. Once a step back from the situation I kind of got what they meant. It's really remarkably stupid to use these things once and throw them away just because they're “dirty”.

The medical supply group that I purchased my catheters from or should I stipulate where my insurance purchased my catheters from charges my insurance company just about thousand dollars a month for the catheters. That's $12,000 a year, and I know there's some kind of sweetheart deal worked out between the medical supply company and the insurance group and I'm just a middle guy. Now, the money aside (and that really is a whole lot of money) what happens if somehow the current economy goes bust? I don't know how. But somehow I can just see these catheters which are nothing but plastic could stop being made if what's happening in the Middle East and the Far East continue to go on unabated by who knows what. A couple years ago when asked about the house. I actually started saving the catheters I got about 100 or so which looks like a bunch of catheters when they're not all wrapped up in their little plastic paper and plastic houses. I just couldn't figure out why I would need to keep them so I threw them away. Now, I wish I had not. But starting this week I'm saving my catheters again. Used once, I'm renting them out and put them in my will catheter drawer. I'm going to say them indefinitely and hope to high Honda that nothing ever happens that plastics stop flowing. I figure if I had a couple hundred even 1000 catheters I would be safe. Until whatever happens with our bizarre economy

No comments: