Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Happy Birthday Dad



Today is my dad's birthday, if he were alive he would be 110! This dad, the dad that I'm writing about is the dad who adopted me. That's right he adopted me. No questions asked (not that I could have answered anyway since I was probably one-year-old on the adoption took place) still that's just the kind of guy he was. I am so lucky to have had him as my dad. I really didn't think much about this until this last year or so following the revelation of my birth family.

For some reason, I don't know if it's, or was the fact that my dad's birthday was coming up and really for the first time that I can recall I was not sure what the actual day was. I've always known exactly the date of my dad's birthday. But this year the date, the actual date was kind of sketchy. I'm still beginning to know my birth family. And for the most part I think the good folk. I'm still not sure about my birth father and I think that's what got me thinking so much about my adoptive dad. I won't say that my birth parent/father was a scoundrel but he certainly had bizarre form of family. Essentially he would send my mother away to deliver the kid and give it up each time she got pregnant. I sort of sense for my older brother, the oldest male in the family and kind of the only one that was a keeper my birth dad's/donor eyes.

Once again I cannot stress enough how blessed I feel that I landed in my adoptive family from the top down parents and brothers and sisters I'm just one lucky duck. I didn't intend this to be a mushy gushy posting and it will not be except for how overwhelmed I am thinking about my parents/adoptive parents probably the only parents I count. They didn't have to pull me in but they did. Like I said, I've been thinking a lot about families that are just thrown together by Biologics. You seem to have no choice over your kin. You wake up and you're stuck with who you got. For some reason I've never thought about this until this week and I don't know why. Being adoptive kid means I'm special, someone really wanted me or a baby at the time that I came around. I was really want to not just have. This posting is to celebrate my adoptive father's birthday, the guy who included me with all the other kids. He got me my first car when I need one did the adaptations needed for a person with a disability to drive. He fixed my cars when they wouldn't work in the cold dark winter nights when you find out that the card doesn't work. He fixed carburetors the starter motors he kept me going. It drove me to sorry like dances slept in the car to the dance was over then drive me home. He watched me wrestle in junior high from behind the bleachers. He was late getting to the match because he had to work late, he always had to work late. I don't think you really understood me or I him but we got along pretty good. My dad is one of the biggest reasons I stuck it through college. I got my degree for him though I never really said so. Anyway dad happy birthday wherever you are… Hundred and 10 years keep on trucking…

No comments: