Thursday, February 06, 2020

By By For Now Verizon

I really wanted to show how my phone looked like a monolith from 2001 space Odyssey



My new cell phone came in today. And that should be a good thing right? But it means I have to do new things that really kind of freaks me out. I know this is all very trite and obviously by the people amount of people jumping ship from the current carriers to Consumer Cellular I should be in good company. I feel like a traitor. I am currently with Verizon on a prepaid account. In all honesty I don't trust the big corporations and Verizon is a big Corporation. I went to a prepaid account because I did not necessarily trust them on the regular accounts. And I must admit. I really don't have an issue, personally, with the Corporation. I've got my service of the month with little or no issues. So I'm probably just feeling guilty for trying to do something good for myself at this corporate giants expense.

I knew I was going to have to do this, transfer service from Verizon to Consumer Cellular and it's a process I feel inadequate to do. In all honesty many of the times I've had to do this kind stuff I've relied on DD or someone else. I've just got to keep reminding myself this is just a process. I mean quite seriously the person on the other end of the phone at Verizon is just doing their job. Going to have to get my pin number and my password. I didn't even know I had I didn't even know I had a My Verizon account. I obviously have never used the account. So I have to get this information and then I call this national 888 number for Consumer Cellular or suppose they would pick up the ball better and run with it. I remember now last time I get this I have the sales guy do that transfer or “porting”. This is the magical zip zip where everything on the old phone is ported to the new phone. This would include all of the writing files I've done on the phone, music, videos and all the images and perhaps most importantly by phone directory even though hardly ever uses numbers just feels right.

I've gone back to Samsung finally learned my lesson. I currently have a Motorola cell phone which calls itself “Moto” and has a somewhat sexy Japanese voice announces its presence of a time it comes to life. I have had a Moto before and that didn't really like it. The service is just not adequate for me I don't know why I returned to Moto this last time but I did and again , I have not been please especially the past two months when my talk text TT began to fail. I suppose it's a little thing that I used TT a lot. I especially use this feature when I'm lying in bed, usually in the morning, and have a great idea for a blog entry and start dictating. I've really enjoyed this feature. It's to be something in the microphone because I also noticed a couple of phone calls people could not hear me when I answer my phone. I suppose the universe and the Samsung God was telling me it was time to return. Now, I don't totally love Samsung especially all the information gathering systems, machines and what else. But I have had Samsung before so I pretty much know what to expect. I'll be a lot happier when I have finished porting and can start being a happy Consumer Cellular customer…


No comments: