Friday, February 07, 2020

Hello Samsung!



Sometimes I feel so stupid. I'm sure I'm not alone but it sure feels that way, my stupidity. I think I knew that my computer virus/security was coming due. I really hate the whole computer security thing because I think it's an inside deal for them just to “shake me down”. I feel I'm the little kid in the schoolyard the big guys are hassling me for my milk money.

Today has been a fairly active computer to as it was (aside from my one computer I spend way too much time on . I made a commitment to myself that I would port my Verizon account over to my Consumer Cellular account and activate the service. Insist on this phone for three days out of pure intimidation but the constant reader. I was holding off because of the right Verizon account number as well as my pin number. If I ever set eyes on my account number or had pin number of long since forgotten both. And I've been told that I would need those two items to do the port. I've been dreading this since I purchased the phone. Had it not been more intimidating to return a phone and my Consumer Cellular enrollment I would've done so. But I noticed on my cell and app for Verizon cellular! Obviously I've never used it. I still don't know exactly what I did maybe some good guessing. But I was first able to talk “my Verizon” into shortly the account number. Armed with that all I had to do was just the pin. Website asked for a four number pin. A rectangle with four squares big enough for one digit. I thought to myself “this would be just too bizarre but it be something I would do” I typed in my birthdate which is a four digit number (and I know that probably the biggest mistake one can do as far as the computer security goes but oh well sure enough my Verizon account opened up. Wow! I don't know why I don't use these services more sure find out a lot of stuff about myself and my account. So I have the information I needed and waited for my phone call. I had actually started earlier in the morning and rather than wait on the line have been scheduled for a call back in two hours-I was in the middle of doing my wash did not want a chance missing the call and it really is a good service if you have faith in that service-so I I was ready when the call came. I was kind of surprised how fast everything went. I'm not sure if I did everything the way I was supposed to from what Alex said but something happened in my Galaxy 10 begin coming to life!

Now I have two phones that seem to be active. My Verizon Motorola still allows me to listen to my podcasts. I don't know if I can make calls on the Moto and I haven't tried on the new phone yet either. I'm waiting for it to charge even though I have the charge when I opened it up. Oh! I was telling you about schoolyard bully.

So I was in the middle of trying to finish the port operation but I get flashed that my security protection is due today and actually for Minutes. The flashing message was from Norton security and I'm pretty sure that's who I have been working with and I figured it be an easy process so I went to that website. Everything looked good and I hope is good because I dropped 40 bucks for years protection through Norton security. If you like a fool I felt like I didn't know what I was doing and being pressured into purchasing the software because when I started paying for the service it acted like I was a new account in the relationship at all that information already and obviously did not. LOL I hate confrontation and I figure some text and no protection and I like Norton and uncovered for a year… Wish me luck.




No comments: