Tuesday, February 11, 2020

MMMM MMMM Good




This is a family sized care of Campbell's bean with bacon soup one of my all-time favorite soups by Campbell. What a great idea: soup in a can. I just think the great idea even though I've always thought it a good idea because I grew up soup in a can. In fact because I was so used to chicken noodle soup, tomato, minestrone and of course Bean with bacon that when my mom did make homemade chicken soup, stew I did not like the homemade variety as much as the canned offering.

It's not like our family ever was conscious of the “best used by date” on the cans. Actually, “use by date” is a relatively new Phenomenon. Well at least since 1993 service that is clearly on the bottom of the care and image at the front of this blog. When DD and I split up did he graciously let me have all the canned goods in the pantry. I've had my eyes on this care since around 1993. I was always waiting for the best time to open the Can. Maybe some rainy kid day but everybody was at the house and we needed to happen up soon to feed everyone. Well, that obviously never happened. Every Campbell's family size was really too much soup for two people in one sitting. I guess we could have saved both left over for another meal, but obviously that never happened either. So, the oversized can sitting on my shelf for decades. Last week, I had access to some corn bread so I actually made account of regular sized chapels bean with bacon soup. The directions on the Can indicates there are about two servings. So in my cup of soup microwave bowl (cup) I heated up the soup a calf with the cornbread and save the rest for another fine meal. So fine in fact that I thought well I'm going to use the family size even though I'm not family one and store the soup the plastic container and pull out one serving each time I use it. That way, I could enjoy the soup for a long time.

To my consternation when I picked up the soup in the pantry there was small glob on the bottom the can. It did not look like seepage in the can obviously was not bulging and did not seem suspect. I was definitely up for using the Can. The glob worried me from the social standpoint so I soaked it effort to remove and eventually worked. I still planned to open the can and boil the hell out of the contentscontents thanks for DD got your first saw the And promptly tossed it in the garbage. Sometimes I did the outside influences to make the right choices. I'm sure it okay and I think the soup would cover a number of meals just fine but sometimes it's just not worth the risk.

I have a couple of regular size cans of soup, bean with bacon which I think well make a great dinner tonight and tomorrow.

No comments: