Sunday, February 23, 2020

Dinner and a Movie



Image result for yesterday movie


Don't you just love it when you go to bed and your house is cleaner than when you got up? The kind of happened today not by design but just by the way things happen sometimes. Earlier in the week by vast Dianne come over today for Sunday dinner. I had a pound of hamburger and I thought meatloaf would be a great way to use this hamburger. Then as I was checking out my freezer Friday or Saturday I noticed I had a pound of turkey burger/ground turkey which I need to use. There was freezer crystals forming on the ground turkey so it need to be used quickly too. I've used ground turkey before in my meatloaf and was rather quite impressed by the way the meatloaf turned out. However, did not want to spring something like this on Dianne so, last night I texted her about the turkey option and she was open to that twist in my meatloaf mania.

The consistent reader will remember that I did not have my cleaning person coming this week. However, the apartment is holding up on its own very well. I did spend a little time picking up here and cleaning there, making my bed to greatly increase the illusion of cleanliness. It certainly did not have the effect of a Annette visit but just the same the apartment was not chaos. We've decided to have any cooking are home movie viewing events during the hours of daylight sense Dianne has night vision issues when driving. So Dianne came shortly before noon today and we got on the project of assembling a massive meatloaf. I try to keep the table in the kitchen as clean as possible so that we would have working area. I processed green pepper and onion. We had a small bag of processed pepper onion and garlic from earlier in the week when we are playing around with the Cuisinart. It all went into the mixing bowl. I have a massive mixer: KitchenAid. I love this machine for a host of reasons. I think of how this mixer for about 30 years and it's never failed me. I've used it for cookies, bread and meatloaf. It's a heavy bugger about is going to try to have it on the table when Dianne got here achieved quickly swept the mixer off the floor and put it on the table. We dump the meat into the mixing bowl followed quickly by the bread, onions, green peppers. Mix mix mix adding two eggs and then plopped the mixed goop into a good-sized pan.

Dianne brought over a bag of frozen vegetables (look like stirfry). I found baking soda biscuits in the freezer about five of them which cooked up just fine. Oh I forgot, a month or so ago I got this block of frozen mashed potatoes from the food bank. I haven't really known what to do with them but decided they would use them just to see and free up space in the freezer. About two hours later we had a fantastic meatloaf dinner even savory beef gravy. The meatloaf was huge but perfect as was the company. We both were stuffed which was good because I didn't bake a cake (but I did find a can of chocolate icing which is eluded me for about a year). Now I need to make a cake. I ordered the movie Yesterday a film I saw a earlier this year about alternate history and the Beatles. Dianne loves the Beatles and effort should love the film and she did. Dianne did the dishes and clean up the kitchen. The place was cleaner than when she got here earlier today. A nice day, a huge cooking day but lots of fun. Like I said when you the cake even if it's poison…!

No comments: