Tuesday, March 01, 2022

Stuffed Train And A Taco





What a beautiful day! Finally, a true precursor to spring. I had my regular Assist meeting today so I somewhat excited about having a reason to be up and out the door and catching the bus/train downtown. Today is my “between” day. It's all on me to get myself up and ready for whatever I'm going to do today. No home health people today. I was a little worried when I was having a little difficulty lifted my leg across my other leg to put my shoes on. Each time I put issue of my right foot and when I lowered my foot to the footplate of my chair , my foot would slip out of my shoe and I would have to start all over. This is no big deal I know I'll eventually get the shoe on and finished getting dressed but it kind of spooks me knowing someday I will not be able to complete this operation.


There is a little stress on the bus on the way to Murray central train station but nothing to do with me so that was cool. However, when the Redline did show up the whole train was inundated with adolescents. I'm sure if the day had been warmer and the windows were able to be open that all been hanging out the windows like a cartoon. As it were there were just stuffed in the car all over the place. I had first thought they were college kids since the redline is a train that goes up to the University but these guys were acting way to crazy. Truly early adolescence, pheromones totally out-of-control. Screaming and yelling, inappropriate comments I just sat very still and hoped I would become invisible to the little beasts until it was my time to get off downtown. There probably was not as bad as I suggest it just seemed that way at the time and all through the trip. I did ask a couple of drivers who told me that there is some major high school basketball event taking place all these kids were on board going to the games to support their teams. It made sense that it seemed pretty early in the day.


My Assist, Inc. meeting was relatively straightforward and were done by lunchtime. I was surprised and pleased as I was leaving that Andrea's stopped me and gave me a sealed envelope. It was my stipend – – I get a little bit of money each time I show up to one of these meetings – – it's not payment is kind like a gift but since we get the “gift” every three or four months, adds up like today was $88! Not a whole lot but enough to put a little in the bank, gets one dollar bills for kid letters and to take myself out to lunch at Taco Time one of my favorites. I changed my regular order from fried bean burrito to to crisp taco's. They're a true mess to eat but very good in us decide myself with taco pleasure.


As I indicated the day was beautiful well enough to be without a jacket on the mainline enjoying random people, taco time and some on my face… The kind of felt like a John Denver song:-)

No comments: