Friday, June 03, 2022

Bloody Friday

 




It's Friday night and already Sirens are almost nonstop outside my patio door. It's nothing new except that it's now June the temperatures were in the 80s and my patio door is open bringing the noises made outside into my apartment and thus the sirens. Skateboard boys are busy rolling back and forth as a will do all night long literally even though the park closes at 10 PM I hear the lad's rolling all night long I choose. I can drowned in no result pretty well.


One of the reasons my patio door is open is that I cooked this evening. This morning was a bloody morning hemorrhoid wise I'm so impressed that Gloria handled the situation as well she did. Today's blood fest not really a big deal just took us by surprise since I have gone so long without a major eruption. Like I said it wasn't really that bad just a lot of dripping fairly constant. Once again didn't give me any good to go to the colorectal surgeon and so I guess I'm still out on my own playing into old remedies wise tales which today has been eating a rare steak and boy was it rare. I have to admit I was kind of excited, however to bring this about. We have been my imagination but when I was at the meat section at the market that seemed their meat prices were shade lower. I found a to stay package of 1 inch thick New York cuts and threw it basket. I thought about roasting potatoes picked up last week but decided against that opting to finish the small retainer of potato salad I've gotten for the holiday. The potatoes so was okay actually pretty good but not homemade and a little sweeter than I like but it was doable and much easier to make yourself. I've been thinking about this a lot lately I don't know why but I really wanted to broil this piece of meat. I only looked one of the steaks tonight freezing other for another time. I looked up how to broil on the Internet which gave me some insights Dianne called and as we visited I also asked her how to do the broil thing. Dianne also did some great insights and with some of the equipment I with the small oven, which I use quite a bit, I figured I could do this. I used the copper box my brother modified for me I placed the steak on the rack from the smaller oven to turn the selector to “broil”. It took me a minute to figure out the time it will finally get back to and set the clock to 7 minutes for each side of the meat.


That was really all there was to it with the exception of the apartment fire alarm going off each time I open the oven door to check the meat which was at least twice in one more time when I finallyretrieved the meat when I was supposed to be done. Of course do not ever meet at my fingertips so I the bloody mess with the hopes that we got everything and I'm going to be okay. The meal was actually tasty much better than anticipated. I minimally seasoned the steak and I didn't have the energy to buy A1 bottle. My go to the was so large I only ate half slicing the 1st hunk of meat into fairly edible strips. The steak with potato salad made a great dinner. I should have blanched broccoli that was just too much effort for just me that's okay I didn't open up by one bottle of wine either, saving both are better days…

No comments: