Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Zoom Zoom


I had a meeting today at 1230p.m. For a couple hours but it's enough of a midday blockage to put me off doing anything else for the rest of the day. I mean I ended up doing more arm bike for the hour which is typical so that's basically it were today except enjoying the mild temperatures. I would rather it be much warmer than today was but I'm happy for temperatures in the lower 80s. I can live with that.


Today's meeting was over Zoom I kind we should but in person but at least this organization that I'm with Utah Assistive Technology Foundation has opted to do 2 Zoom meetings and to in person meetings (with the Zoom option for those living outside of the Wasatch front) per year. The best part about the schedule is at least those who attend the meeting in person will be afforded a decent lunch. This organization has always had a great lunch even if it's but sandwiches the great sandwiches. And the largest drawback from all this is the lack of stimulation for me to find material to write about.


So I guess the best I can do today is document further my inadequacies as a member of this agency/advisory committee. There was a little self-conscious as you know like when you do a Zoom meeting try as hard as you would like to go to reveal little bit about your living scenario. For example today I just did my bedroom. Is set my tablet on my arm bike and it seemed to work pretty good. Truly it really is the only place in my apartment at didn't look somewhat chaotic and really I shouldn't even bother let that bother me but it does. In the past I've even gone upstairs to the library shut the door and gone for the academic work. While I was setting up my tablet and trying to dial into the meeting my computer/tablet begins sending messages to me from Zoom suggesting that I upgrade my software. Of course I waited for the last minute to dial and I didn't have time or the will to chase down the directions on how to upgrade my pad to the newest software and of course I paid the price. As we all checked into the meeting we visited briefly with one another as we usually do and also the people begin to get some feedback. At first I wasn't sure if it was me but the coordinator the group did a really great systematic check of having everybody go to “mute” and one by one everyone passed except me. I was the culprit. I spent the remainder of the meeting smiling a lot and doing a lot of hand gesturing. It seemed to get me by. I'm always a little self-conscious at these functions because I don't have lot of the economic brights a lot of my colleagues do. One of the members is a PhD psych, one is a bank guy who's basically an economist and a couple others who really quite bright and tumble numbers very well. I just keep smiling nodded my head and going with the flow. I know that's pathetic but hey it's a free lunch every other meeting you go do what you got a do…

No comments: