Sunday, June 05, 2022

Breakfast With The granddaughter And MUCH More…


Mark Anthony had a company retreat this weekend in southern Utah are some distant place making it impossible for him to join us for breakfast as we usually do on Sunday mornings. I was pleased however, to rejoined by my granddaughter Jasmine and her boyfriend Jackson. We talked briefly last week when Mark told us that they would not be able to do the breakfast this week. We decided that we would go ahead and meet for breakfast just the same and that is the last we talked we talked about it. Unsure about whether we were still online of the couple messages for Jasmine last night which she answered – – not too late and decided that we are still online for breakfast.


I was totally impressed as I came on the property of the restaurant and was heading for the front door and talk to the kids were in Jackson's white pickup truck. They had been there for about 10 minutes like I said, I was totally impressed. I thought for sure I would have to wait for them boy was I surprised. I think I was a little cautious and not intimidated about how I would handle a whole meal conversation with my granddaughter. I'm cognizant of the fact that Mark Anthony and I visit quite a bit at these breakfasts. Jasmine as well as Jackson oh add to our conversations we certainly enjoy their contributions at least I do but today I was on the “trapeze” without a net.


I was pleased we communicated very well. I once again apologized for not attending Jasmine's high school graduation on Thursday. A 2 ½ hour event I know that I would have a difficult time attending. In retrospect now I'm feeling a little guilty I guess I could've tried harder. I fantasized that I still have my van is a sure would've driven to the event. I could've met them at the restaurant for the graduation feast but I didn't do any of it opting to stay home to enjoy my Thursday night… Alone. Sometimes I think I have pretty much together until I realized that I don't and I wonder if I just put in my time. We talked about what they had done at the graduation and the parties/celebrations families had provided. I was totally impressed but Jasmine thanked me for the graduation gift that I had sent in the mail,a check written out stuffed into her monthly kid letter. It was good to hear, the “thank you”. Not that I spend a lot of time waiting for such acknowledgments they are very few but when the acknowledgments do they are warmly received. What I thought was kind of cute was when I apologize for sending her a written check instead of cash she said that she thought the check was cute and she might just keep it. By Jasmine is a charmer. We also talked about what she plans to do now the high schools in the past. She's put in her termination letter for her current job and is seriously looking at trying to find a job doing or working with beauty products. Today was the 1st time we've had an in-depth discussion about her future. She really has the mindset on either working in the beauty industry at some level possibly even becoming an individual assisting doctors who work in that area. She's also seriously considering real estate and figuring out a way to become secure financially as well as socially. I was impressed. I was kind of worried thinking she had not really considered her future and I was wrong she is really on top where she wants to go. I hope I can be a some help.


We drink coffee, laughed and finished our breakfasts and then we went our separate ways. I figured breakfasting the granddaughter was enough socialization for the day. I intermittently read my book in the back parking lot and basically enjoy the summer Sunday…

No comments: