Friday, June 10, 2022

Now I Know

 





I woke with a shock this morning I looked at the time of date on my cell phone – – which I often use as an alarm clock next my bed and saw the date was 10 June! One third of this month is over! I really need to get going totally enjoy the days of the summer. One of the projects are most serious about completing this year/summer is the getting rid of all junk that's come to rest on patio/deck. I was further dismayed to realize my patio has become my “garage” that I don't watch out that black hole will suck more and more stuff until I cannot get out under my patio at all to enjoy the heat and relaxation of the summers days.


Every afternoon as I watched the news and peppered with commercials “got junk” about businesses whose job it is to come around take away all the unwanted items of your life. It's not don't want this equipment is just the equipment doesn't work without a whole lot of intervention that I do not have the skills nor the funding to bring about. In fact, because I got it patient lift,a new patient left,in my shower, brand-new I just moved to detect the equipment out on the patio. This happened like 2 years ago during the winter months, at which time, I wasn't using the patio that much. Last summer I made a couple week pleas with folks with vehicles to move the equipment and a couple of week requests to organizations that might be interested but nobody took the hint. Now, I need to be more aggressive and get the junk out of my hair. I made this decision later this afternoon and I made a call to my friend who is kind of over the assistive technology program for the state of Utah. There the organization that runs that big equipment program. If they do not want the materials I guess I can try to get someone to drop the stop of at Deseret industries or some other like program. But then you see I'm falling into that same quagmire again of trying to save this equipment for someone who might need it but not right now. I'm going to give myself a week if I cannot move the materials by the I'm going to start calling the “Have You Got Junk? people. Hopefully, the price will not be very expensive to come out and pick up the equipment and even if it is (whatever “it is”).


Can't believe how many times I watched the silly commercials during the local and national evening news hours and clucked my phone, checked my head and I thought to myself or actually said to myself “Who would ever use such a service?!”. Now I know

No comments: