Monday, June 27, 2022

Dinner Is Served!

 




I've got food in the house, lots of food, I would make a big batch of stirfried rice on Saturday but you know sometimes you just don't feel like anything in the house for dinner. I really hadn't done that much today following my Monday bowel and bath routine. No particular reason except for perhaps I forgot to have Melissa, my Monday person, but on the “2nd skin” that she does such a great job of. I don't know who is because I threw off the routine this morning of having Melissa change the sheets on my bed. Was time to give the Avengers a break and send them to the wash along with the in-between quilt I used all winter long. I've decided just to retain the sheets and comforter and put everything else in the covered till this fall. Anyway, that disruption of our routine may be totally space out the fact that we had removed the previous “2nd skin” that Gloria put on Friday and we had removed it before the shower. I sent the girl on her way not thinking about the mishap until she was long gone. I was able to text or however and she indicated she did come by around 7 PM, which is a long time a whole day of being up without protection but I think I'll be okay. I had not really planned on foraging out anywhere. The temperatures in the upper 90s so I figured out just a end and wash the sheets that Melissa had pulled off the bed, this would give me a feeling of accomplishment along with my arm bike workout.


I have a neighbor who we will call Anita, while the few people I think who live in this building that may be a shade general the me. Anita is basically Spanish-speaking I do believe she has better English than people think. But it's taken me a long time to get to know this person and I still don't know her very well. We pass each other in the hall and now we actually say hello and wave to each other on a daily basis. She has really taking great efforts to decorate her front door to her apartment even with the plant one of those “crawling” plants that have the runners with broad leaves that snake all around the place for those they like. I'm sure I had such a plant I would've killed it early on. I was kind of surprised today when I was coming back from started by wash that Anita stopped me and gestured and verbalized and very broken English that I like pizza. I mean, of course who doesn't like pizza and I told Anita sure a love pizza. Then she asked me if I'd like a piece of pizza and I also said “sure”. And then she returned from her apartment with a good-sized piece of pizza on a nice saucer. It was about 4:30 PM which brings us back to my 1st and opening sentence was sometimes even though you have food you just don't want to make dinner because of Anita tonight I did not. There is more than enough pizza here to count as dinner. How fortunate for me. I carefully carried the saucer back to Anita's apartment and thanked him profusely for dinner. I don't know if she understood, I kind of thing she did, but she made the difference in my evening…

No comments: