Thursday, June 30, 2022

Home Alone!

 



Last night or rather this morning around 3 AM an incredible thunderstorm rolled through northern Utah. Now I like storms I like very aggressive storms so it would have to be a pretty significant storm to even have me write about it. And to me the storm was significant reaction will be up from a dead sleep with literally piercing claps of thunder. Perhaps piercing is the wrong word to use is almost like getting socked in the nose every time the thunder would follow the flare of lightning. It was significant to me, the storm I think last time I looked at the clock, when I heard the rain falling it was a little after 4 AM so somewhere along the line I lost about an hour sleep and that loss of sleep as been affected me all day. It's not like I have a whole lot on my agenda anyway just morning coffee with the crew then a quick trip over to the market action is going to the dollar store looking for a card reader. It seems they used to be ubiquitous everybody had card readers but not so much anymore. Tomorrow, if my butt doesn't feel too sore I'm a saddle up and head into Costco or Best Buy to pick up a reader. I know I've got one around here somewhere I've had like 4 or 5 of them over the seasons . Today though I could not find any readers at all. I even went over the True Value, little hardware store across the street and there is nothing there either. I have one card I need to read. I think I put a lot more energy into this project in it deserves.


Not much is happening as we head into the Fourth of July holiday weekend. I'm still thinking of picking up a steak or thought about the one I have in the freezer. I would love to be able to use the gas grill out by the common area on the Fourth of July but I don't know if I dare. I mean it's not a big deal worse thing to do is just tell me that I'm restricted from using the grill but nobody else uses it and they only use it once (they being apartment management). You think they would make this readily available since you can't have a little hibachi grill or barbecue grill on your porch/patio. I'm even thinking of maybe going out and purchasing a cheap little barbecue grill or gas grill that I can take over to the park and set up on a picnic table or something.I have to admit wrangling that barbecue grill is a bit disconcerting and I'd rather not do it if I could find a better solution. I will certainly keep you posted. Not much else is happening. My brother Carl is heading out of town with the whole family visiting the roots of his wife in North Carolina. They're flying down and renting cars so it's really quite a trip. I'm totally impressed. Reminds me of being home alone. Hey! That's me! I'm home alone… But what's new?

No comments: