Tuesday, June 07, 2022

Green Latte Bad

 




as I'm sure you can tell by this image is quite old is there as I can tell around 14 years old. I use this image for a blog entry back in May 2008. It was taken with one of my old cell phones which I think is the reason the image as degraded as much as it seems to have been. The most important part for the inclusion of this image is that it was taken at Market Street Grill I think it was one of the staff birthday or something are going away party I don't remember, hell for that matter I can only remember 2 of the people in this image. Time has a way of flowing.


It's Tuesday that means I have a meeting downtown , my usual Assist, Inc. meeting but you all know that. A perfect day for traveling, finally the weather is perfect for bus riding. Overshadowed Senate have some major challenges with my transit this morning but no everything was fine from doing the the. To a short 15 minute wait to a bus driver who seem to be okay with the world – – I was on a roll. I felt so good when I got to the building where my meeting was to be diverted to the little French bakery right next to our office. I usually stop here for coffee since the office no longer brews coffee as it once did. I decided to try something different this week rather from my regular latte or sweet tea. I saw something I can pronounce except latte and so I figured it was copy of some sort – – which was. Are the way cost $4.50 I would be happy no matter what was.


One more order finally arrived the cup a traveling lid, you know little plastic With the whole you suck the coffee and not burn yourself. I took a sip and manage the mask my face to the reaction from the weird flavor. I cannot quite place it but it didn't really tickle my fancy. The one thing I didn't realize that my drink needed sweetener some sort which I came back and asked for. Of course, this place is too highbrow for something so pedestrian as Sweet and Low I figured any sweetener will do during the storm will do.I had to the young coffee girl my cup and opened the top and was shocked to see what was usually a frothy white liquid was a frothy green liquid! That was the weird flavor ,it tasted grass! Seriously this fight and drink was masquerading as a latte. I took up deep breath and another sip and try to keep my face somewhat neutral. I will have you know that I finished the whole beverage before the meeting started. I was supremely relieved when I threw my Styrofoam cup into trash receptacle.


I figured I deserved something special after downing the weird drink that was when I decided to revisit the Market St., Grill and enjoy a bowl of clam chowder and pleasant thoughts of days gone by…

No comments: