Friday, June 17, 2022

A Little Wind A Little Chicken

 



The wind continues to radically blow the heat and temperature have been flirted with 100° all day and I'm loving it. I didn't have anything planned for today except to just enjoy the the heat did whatever form it wanted to show itself. I continued my challenge to get rid of the equipment which is going on my patio for many years. Now, I find that I may have not disposed of the equipment correctly as far as the city garbage people who picks up our waste. The plan was to figure out a way to get the equipment now into the dumpster itself and then let them carry it away. Ted my buddy from maintenance was supposed to help with that though I think you forgot his usual. But it's out of my hands down (I think) I still has equipment that I have to get rid of. This may be a family calls some sort whether my brother or my cousin.


I slept pretty well last night all things considered so is the day wandered towards close and people were going home for the weekend I thought I'd run over to the market and get something for dinner. Actually, what I really wanted was to get a watermelon and possibly accountable. In the past my thought about doing this I've always been dissuaded by the fact that I've got to figure out how to get the melon home without breaking the fruit. Today, I the list of the produce guy who always seems to be there. I think you some kind of Russian immigrant but I like him enough really seems to want to help so today I had them pick out a watermelon and lifted to my basket. I chose the smallest I could find. He placed his hands on the melon moved all around at the thumping and slapping and finally settle on one it looked particularly righteous. Of course the second I got home I ran into one of the folks here one of the old ladies here kind of attack me for going to that market because she doesn't like them and that they never sold her a good watermelon and that I'm going to be sorry. Realize that all during this she herself is a European immigrant I could barely understand her English. Like the Penguins I just kept nodding my head smiling and finally she went away. Because it was the end of the week I felt like celebrating. So I did something I rarely ever do which is to purchase the Friday deal which is 8 pieces of chicken for $7 – – the make it sound like a good deal but I tried not to think about it – – along with a small Doubleday potato salad container. I have something green in the refrigerator at home but that would be a great Friday night meal which was.


The days just about over now. I've had my dinner, listen the local and national news and am pondering opening up may be the cantaloupe and if I get real ballsy maybe the watermelon. Let's will my weaknesses is that I don't open watermelon early for the day that I get it then let it sit too long. That's not going to happen. I just hope the old ladies wrong.okay…

No comments: