Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Nothing To See Here

 



It's weird, going through another one of those existential moments of trying to remain grounded in the here and now currently exist. I know that sounds totally weird and there's no reason to call for mental health personals emergent or otherwise it's just that I sometimes forget what day that it is and this I get a feeling that the day that I'm in should be another day. For example today, all day, I've had this feeling that it's a Thursday or Friday and not a Wednesday. I used to really enjoy Wednesday's because they were like climbing the ladder at the big slide at the public park downtown. In Boise there was this huge 3 slide mechanism. You climbed the ladder all the way to the top where there's a little bitty like crows nest cage and then pick the slide you're going down and zooming off you go. That used to be me in the week weather was school later work going through Monday and Tuesday was climbing the stairs or steps up the ladder to the top of the slide Wednesday was great year in the crows nest in everything from then on was downhill to the weekend. I love this concept and feeling got me through so much. Now however it's like I wake up seems like it's Friday maybe even Saturday and that I have to shake my head refocus and grasp something that I'm going to do today that will bring me back into reality or remember something like I did yesterday and that well focus me into what day-to-day really is. Is that too bizarre? My frightening you folks more than you deserve if so I apologize.


Today, besides getting my closed on all washed for the week I had a lunch appointment with my good friend Duane. Duane and I are both retired employees from the state of Utah. I probably should do a search of some sort of the blog to get a fix of what I've written before about Duane but anyway this is the 1st time would gotten together and quite a while, 1st time this year actually probably the weather got better . We don't go to a restaurant we usually just order sandwiches from some shop and me at the local park across from my apartments. We've been doing this for years well since I been living here anyway at the park or the apartments across the park. We meet there's no specific agenda except for enjoying each other's company and blasting all the bizarre political intrigue that's going on in the country right now and the whole world for that matter. We gossip a little bit about old employers as well as people we dealt with in the workforce. And for the last 2 years what's been going on so bizarre in our culture and world in general, I said to you probably 6 if you count the that disturbing election where that con man got elected and the still making waves for the whole world.. We don't look like vagrants per se people generally leave us alone we talk and laugh generally enjoy each other's company like old guys. He never lets me pay for the lunches probably a the people I have lunch with do. It's the least I can do in my position is personal to disability. I totally appreciate the effort however appreciate having somebody from my history validates me as an individual and the person worthy of spending time with. I hope I can return the favor and maybe next time he'll let me pay for the lunch but not holding my breath…

No comments: