Sunday, June 19, 2022

Buzzing Around Sunday

 



I know I'm harping on this “wind” thing but it's just so interesting. I feel like I'm my own star in my own science-fiction movie living on a planet where the will continually gusts to their hurricane levels. It's up to the inhabitants of the planet to survive everyday in the windblown environment.


Today is Father's Day, I gave you the lead in yesterday, Mark Anthony texted me he was leaving party was in route to the breakfast. I guess I was anxious to do going so I pretty much suited up and headed out and ended up waiting for about 15 minutes before he finally showed up. I forget that he's moved all the way out to Herrmann community way on the edge of Salt Lake County which takes about 15 to 20 minutes to get into Salt Lake. I didn't sleep well last night, who knows for what reason, but I was kind groggy so I focused on trying to stay alert during the discussions that were going on at our table this morning. Jackson, my granddaughters boyfriend, who usually comes to these breakfasts was not able to make it today because it was Father's Day and he had to put into time with his dad totally makes sense. We had a really interesting discussion on perceived sexuality/masculinity/femininity who was what and how important being is. It wasn't heated just very pointed. Try discussion one would have late at night at someone's home with our without alcoholic type beverages. Was interesting to get my granddaughters perspective on many things like any adolescent she is totally convinced that her ways the right way and her information is the true information. Mark Anthony also has a lot of the same convictions and ideas but I'm just the old guy who understands more than the other 2 but knows enough not to aggravate or contaminate the conversation with what I know from a long long life and many partners. It was a totally interesting breakfast of course Mark Anthony picked up the tab and we went on our separate ways.


I was restless after the breakfast. I spent some time reading my current novel but the wind made sitting out on the patio uncomfortable. Gone are the super hot temperatures and with the wind chill almost difficult to stay outside and read as the sun went in and out of the clouds. I finally hung up the book and decided I would take a bus to go to movies which is what I did. I totally love movie package I am currently enrolled. I had my choice of Top Gun Maverick or Buzz Light-year. I chose the latter which I think was the right choice for today. Of course with the unlimited plan I can just go to TGM later this week maybe. Before I left the apartments are through a handful of Tootsie Roll's for my candy box into my travel bag. I found it just takes a little bit of candy to get me through the movies saving me from the extorteve cost of movie food. I think I realized that even though I'm not paying full price for these movies I'm still getting full credit for the points one needs to score free drink or popcorn. I used up a number of points a couple weeks ago and I thought I'd used by points up but looks like I still have a couple hundred thousand so maybe this next week when I see TGM I will use up some points I will use up some points and enjoy some popcorn with my Tootsie Roll's…

No comments: