Thursday, June 02, 2022

Silver!

 



Because it is a holiday week I'm always a little discombobulated towards the end. This morning feeling of confusion was even more compounded by the cacophony of log equipment being used everything from gasoline powered lawnmowers to electric hedge clippers as well as well as those fish line edgers – – I think that's what they're called you know the things you use to trim thethe edges of sidewalks and such. It took a couple of moments to shake the sleep from my head before I realized it was Thursday and not Monday or whatever. One of my “free” days a day when I don't have to wait for someone to come over to help me with toileting and showering before I start my day. I can just get up, literally, roll out of bed and get dressed and start and start my day. Not that really matter that much but the lawn guys were literally outside my window walking around cutting back to plants, adding woodchips and everything else the plants around the building need. I have opened the blinds when I 1st got up ,the outside noise was still a distant spring melody not yet an over-the-top summer raucous symphony. I wasn't worried the worker guys/lawn crew might witness my nudity as I rolled around the apartment. These guys have much more important to try been observing the genitalia of the 71-year-old trying to be addressed before coffee social.


The beautiful 2nd day of June. And if I had had anything to consider going to besides the coffee Clutch I sure as hell wouldn't consider it. But I decided I might will support the program and was rewarded with real live, fresh donuts 3 or 4 times of course sugar coated, chocolate glazed, Maple glazed them sprinkles on chocolate. It was a wonderful selection exactly what I wanted for so long finally the donuts are here. I had two they were fabulous. I had heard that so stores and markets were once again beginning to covet their silver especially quarters. Sadly I have noted dimes and nickels have gone the way out pennies in that they've suddenly become junk money. Quarters is what you need for just about anything coin-operated anymore especially laundry. I can get about $20 worth of work out of my home health people for role quarters when they need to do laundry. As I said it was a beautiful day for public transit. 2 transfers to my credit union and I had $40 quarters to find my secretary desk. I feel rich. I stopped Arctic circle across the street from my credit union and got 3 agood sized shrimp for a dollar apiece. Somehow I thought that was a good deal since I've gotten fries and a drink it would cost be closed $8! These are weird times.I figured going to the credit union and getting the quarters was enough for today Thursday the 2nd day of June – – in the old days, in the before times I would most likely have book club. I really liked that event not only do they keep me busy on Thursday afternoons gave me a very good conclusion to my week. Now I just look forward to the weekend and maybe breakfast with the kids…

No comments: